Gibson Brands Forums

Ouch!

gearbasher

So, here I am watching an old re-run of Quantum Leap. I have my Guild DV-52 leaning, face down, against my sofa. I pick it up at a commercial break and I slam the back edge of it against my coffee table. Now a nice piece of lacquer is missing from the back binding. Instead of screaming, I just looked on the bright side. First, I'm glad it had 5-ply binding so the wood didn't take a hit. Second, and more important, it wasn't one of my J-45s.

To our British friends; What do you guys call a coffee table over on that side of the pond?

I still don't know why we call it a coffee table. Nobody ever puts coffee on it. It's basically a big foot rest.

So' date=' here I am watching an old re-run of [i']Quantum Leap[/i]. I have my Guild DV-52 leaning, face down, against my sofa. I pick it up at a commercial break and I slam the back edge of it against my coffee table. Now a nice piece of lacquer is missing from the back binding. Instead of screaming, I just looked on the bright side. First, I'm glad it had 5-ply binding so the wood didn't take a hit. Second, and more important, it wasn't one of my J-45s.

To our British friends; What do you guys call a coffee table over on that side of the pond?

I still don't know why we call it a coffee table. Nobody ever puts coffee on it. It's basically a big foot rest.

Hi GB (<<<<<nice initials)

You're going to the stunned by this

we call it a coffee table!!

Unless it's instrumental in damage to one of our guitars in which case

we call it firewood!

A low rise wooden receptacle for one's frappacino....innit!

i put a nice ding in the front of my j45 bonking it on the corner of my glass coffee table. stupid coffee tables!

Bonking to us Brits has a rather different meaning. More akin to an act of "unspeakable frightfulness" to quote Mr Chumley-Warner not at all suitable for this Forum.

Bonking to us Brits has a rather different meaning. More akin to an act of "unspeakable frightfulness" to quote Mr Chumley-Warner not at all suitable for this Forum.

Quite right AJ

Give the chap a slap!

Bonking indeed and it isn't even the weekend yet!

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells will be writing to The Times as we speak!

It's just not cricket!

It's just not cricket!

Ah. Pleased you reminded me. Fred (Flintoff) is in the side and batting 7. The weather should suit our swing bowlers tomorrow but that will depend on the toss of course and the pitch.

England will be looking to win this one especially as we were robbed of a victory last week by, of all things, good English weather and some beligerent South African batting.

Stay tuned for updates over the weekend.

There you go again with the Englishter misspelling. We spells what you're talking about with an 'i'. Although I'd call it "unspeakable delightfulness."

The most hurtful thing I did to a guit tar was finishing up a practice session, I stood up, raised the guitar over my head to un strap myself. Put the headstock right in the path of the blades of the ceiling fan. ">Kra-a-a-a-a-a-n-g" stupid ](*,) Stupid ](*,) STUPID ](*,)

Archived