Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton Bigsby question!

rfender

Hey all!

Iam looking for a new guitar. My eyes are on an Epiphone Sheraton (One of the older brown sunburst ones). They look amazing, play amazing en sound pretty good!

My problem is that I want to place a Bigsby on the Sheraton. Obviously this will leave 2 holes in my guitar wich is a shame to the looks.

Around the internet there are alot of pictures from Sheratons with a Bigsby. Most of them look (In my opinion) terrible.

Is there any solution to cover the holes completely up? I wish there where more Gibsons in brown colour (By example the 335td but its too expensive!) without a stoptail bridge.

I really hope some of you have some nice tips! And sorry for my bad English!

jcwillow,

Your Sheraton looks simply amazing. It really serves as an inspiration to me. Do you add bigsby's to all of your semi-hollows? I've got a project 335 copy (Blue Ibanez AS-something) that is completely gutted. On the overhaul I was thinking about going completely black with the pickups, hardware, etc. and I might put a black bigsby on there before I put on on my Sheratons. Just to make sure, its a B7 bigsby that you use on semi-hollows right? And is brand name bigsby the way to go, or are there cheaper, comparable quality alternatives out there? Thanks a lot for your help.

Mark

Archived