Gibson Brands Forums

Any J 60 Pickers Out There?

Bigg T

I am thinking I need a square-shouldered rosewood dred to compliment my AJ and J 45.

Can't seem to get my hands on one that is "played in" here in Oklahoma. I know Janet Davis Music sells new ones. Doesn't seem like a bad value for Adi top and pick-up at $2400. I just can't make myself buy a new guitar.

Anyway, I would appreciate any input from folks who have played a few of them. I am pretty much convinced my next guitar will be a J 60 unless ya'll can talk me out of it...

I am thinking I need a square-shouldered rosewood dred to compliment my AJ and J 45.

Can't seem to get my hands on one that is "played in" here in Oklahoma. I know Janet Davis Music sells new ones. Doesn't seem like a bad value for Adi top and pick-up at $2400. I just can't make myself buy a new guitar.

Anyway, I would appreciate any input from folks who have played a few of them. I am pretty much convinced my next guitar will be a J 60 unless ya'll can talk me out of it...

I've seen one J-60 go for $900 on local Craig's list......It kinda looks like Gibson's answer to the D-28......imaitation iS the best flattery......never played one

A J60 is the Most underrated Guitar.. But is a Real Nice Guitar... Ive owned a few of the early ones from the early 90s.. there are Used ones out there for alot less than New ones.. They really didnt take off like I think Gibson would of like for those too..

If I was searching for a Dreadnaught in a Gibson model.. I would probably buy another J60.. they also made these in Curly maple..

Archived