Gibson Brands Forums

Modern Weight Relieving

XPAULPITT

Just wanted to get some opinions on the new weight relieving method on the 2012 Standard. Personally, I think it is awesome. Much better looking than the swiss cheese method and the ribbed designs gives maximum weight relief without sounding hollow like the chambering did. From what Ive seen chambering was pretty unpopular. I liked the chambering at standard tunings but found that once I started to deutne it would get muddy and sound bad. This new method looks like just the answer. Hopefully they will start using it on more models than the Standard. Just my opinion. What does everyone else think of it?

i dont think so

So, you're saying that when an actual Gibson employee described the chambering to me as a "wagon wheel" shape that he lied ????

No, I don't think so ...............

It's all hidden, but does look nice. Much less hollow looking than the chambered. And would appear less weight than the regular weight relieved Traditional. As long as the purchaser of it likes how it sounds, then it's good.

Nice specs on the Standard in general too.

Makes me hope we never see the "Holy Les Paul Junior".

Body.jpg

49853.jpg

holy-x.jpg

Hmm. It's funny. I like the look at those Holy guitars. And I don't know that a Holy Les Paul Junior would look bad either. However, all that being said. I don't think I would own any of them.

I'm going to try one of these new standards out. If I like it I may buy one as £1999 I can do on a card or finance but if it feels wrong then it goes back up on the wall. They've got some nice features in the electronics what with coil tap and phase reversing etc so should be quite versatile instruments. I like a weight round my shoulders though. I'm used to my 25/50 which is about 11 lbs (nearly). The guy in the shop said that he's heard people saying that they'll weigh in anywhere between 5 to 8 lbs. He also told me that the next lottery winner will be a man or a woman aged between 16 and 80.

Archived