Gibson Brands Forums

Colour Restriction

flag25

I tried to order a Epi Les Paul Tribute Plus in Faded Cherry Sunburst today at the local Long and McQuaid and was informed that the colour was not shipped to Canada. HUH? Can anyone think of a reason for this strange situation? If I wanted a LP Plus Top Pro I could get that colour but I wanted the Tribute. In the end I ordered a Black Cherry, which looks sweet, but still the first choice was the FC.

Hello Flag, and welcome to the forum.

Availability of certain colours of the Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus obviously varies with time. They actually ship Black Cherry and Midnight Sapphire to Germany only. Before I bought mine in Faded Cherry Sunburst eight months ago, I had waited for it several months. They were sold out again soon, then temporarily available, now taken from the sites of the big retailers here.

I hope they will keep on making them. They are great guitars.

Don't quote me on this, but I think there are only a certain amount in any given color available at one time and they probably make those available in the countries where they sell the best. Or, I could be totally wrong. [biggrin]

Hello Flag, welcome. Yes, it's annoying, and it's not just Canada. The Genesis isn't available in the UK in Black Cherry. Why on earth would Epiphone restrict their sales like this?

It is very odd I must say.

Like capmaster, I wanted a Tribute Plus in Faded Cherry. I managed to get the last one a store had. I think the black cherry looks very nice but the FC just pips it for me.

I tried to order a Epi Les Paul Tribute Plus in Faded Cherry Sunburst today at the local Long and McQuaid and was informed that the colour was not shipped to Canada. HUH? Can anyone think of a reason for this strange situation? If I wanted a LP Plus Top Pro I could get that colour but I wanted the Tribute. In the end I ordered a Black Cherry, which looks sweet, but still the first choice was the FC.

We'll try this again.....I was on with the distributor this morning and the Faded Cherry IS available in Canada and the Black Cherry may not be available until Spring. I'll be off to the dealer as soon as they open to change my order and check with them as to the confusion. Yippee I may get the one I really want. I'll keep y'all posted.

Just got back from Long and McQuade and my new Epi LP Tribute in Faded Cherry is on the way. Hopefully be here next week and I'll post some pics as soon as it gets here...

Good to hear this from you! [thumbup] I am curious about the pics of your axe to come. [love]

Just got back from Long and McQuade and my new Epi LP Tribute in Faded Cherry is on the way. Hopefully be here next week and I'll post some pics as soon as it gets here...

Good news! I can't wait to see it and I know you'll love it. [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

HNGD! [thumbup]

So finally she has arrived - Congrats! Love this finish, too, as I posted before :rolleyes:

By the way, the 1960 Tribute Plus with Faded Cherry finish is available again at Thomann, too, after having been sold out for months. Think it's a very sought-after one.

Have fun! :)

Archived