Gibson Brands Forums

How many of you have used the Planet Waves "O-port"

onewilyfool

I was at a songwriting thing in Colorado last October and this fellow in the hotel had one in his guitar and he really liked it. He said it made a difference. Me, I just don't go for all that stuff. Each to his own I say, but at any rate that is the only time I've seen one in a guitar.

Well I don't know about that product but when I rebuilt my LG-0 and put the X-bracing in I also extended the bracing on each side of the sound hole for that reason. I read on one of the luthier forums that extending those braces would project the sound better.

You can see that rather than being flat like most other guitar braces they are quite tall. I have nothing to compare it to but this little LG-0 is much louder than a standard ladder braced LG-0. That also could have something to do with the placement of the X which is a forward X bracing plan. The X is exactly 1" from the edge of the sound hole. That is also suppose to make your guitar ring out better.

So I am not sure if that actually has any merit but my little Gibson has plenty of volume and sounds great.

DSC_0029.jpg

Archived