Gibson Brands Forums

Truss Rod Cover Question

Triumph1050

Can anyone tell me if the Les Paul trc's are the same hole spacings as my J-45?

Im looking at some online ebony ones with some MOP inlay and they say fits Les Paul and most other Gibsons.

Im asking seller too but thought Id ask here if they are standardized hole to hole spacing for all Gibsons.

They are all the same. The traditional Gibson two-hole bell shaped TRC's have not changed since the beginning of time.

Actually, the earliest ones were smaller,

as witnessed by my 1922 "A" mandolin

(first year of the Gibson adjustable rod).

Not to hijack this thread, BUT, where can we get "nicer" truss rod covers than the original ones which came with the guitar? I have these crappy thin black plastic covers, I can't imagine anything cheaper, I wouldn't mind a white and black cover, or even a tortoise to match the pickguard, or black and white with "Gibson" etched into it.....you know the type of covers that come with upper end custom Gibbys.....can you get them on line.....after market????? Anyone here know???? I also wouldn't mind getting those pins with "g-i-b-s-o-n" on the heads......cool....I think Guitarstrummer had a set, and I've never seen them again on line???? Any suggestions????

As has been posted many times before, truss rod covers are available through several after market resources. You can probably do a search and find the prior posts for the links. They are also available on e-bay. I do have a set of bone "Gibson" pins. I had them custom made.

Not to hijack this thread, BUT, where can we get "nicer" truss rod covers than the original ones which came with the guitar? I have these crappy thin black plastic covers, I can't imagine anything cheaper, I wouldn't mind a white and black cover, or even a tortoise to match the pickguard, or black and white with "Gibson" etched into it.....you know the type of covers that come with upper end custom Gibbys.....can you get them on line.....after market????? Anyone here know???? I also wouldn't mind getting those pins with "g-i-b-s-o-n" on the heads......cool....I think Guitarstrummer had a set, and I've never seen them again on line???? Any suggestions????

Jesus, Robert! have a drink and sit down. Did you miss your meds today?

Archived