Gibson Brands Forums

SHould I get an Epi LP Tribute +

KVL

I keep hemming and hawing about upgrading my 05 MIK or getting a T+...

A harness runs between $75-95 if you go for just 50's style or 50's plus coil splits.

Don't forget new knobs at another $20

The switchcraft switch/jack is another $40

Then there's pups at between $150-200 depending if you go with a pair of burstbuckers, 57 classics, or a similar PAF equivalent from Seymour Duncan.

That's about $300 +/- upgrade on a guitar that's only worth 300...

The T+ models although Chinese, not Korean, have Switchcraft parts, Gibson USA Pups, plus a hard maple cap (not just a veneer over alder wood) for 600, brandy new, no knicks, scratches dings, etc.

Or (and most likely) am I being a total spaz and should just shut up and play the guitar I have instead of obsessing over specs on the web?

YES OF COURSE you need an Epiphone Les Paul 1960s Tribute Plus !!

Genuine Gibson USA '57 Pickups, solid carved maple top, hand-set solid mahogany neck with long tenon (slim-taper or asymmetrical profile), antique cream binding on body & neck, rosewood fingerboard with mother of pearl inlays, push/pull tone pots for series/parallel switching, Grover tuners, Switchcraft USA toggle, Mallory-150 tone capacitors & Epiphone straplocks !!

click this link to official Gibson.com specs & great colours too

... includes a matching hardshell case which I never use 'cos i'm always playin mine [biggrin]

EpiphoneLesPaul.jpg

Great advice! Same color as mine. Like they say 'Just do it!'

YES OF COURSE you need an Epiphone Les Paul 1960s Tribute Plus !!

Genuine Gibson USA '57 Classics pickups, solid carved maple top, hand-set solid mahogany neck with long tenon (slim-taper or asymmetrical profile), antique cream binding on body & neck, rosewood fingerboard with mother of pearl inlays, push/pull tone pots for series/parallel switching, Grover tuners, Switchcraft USA toggle, Mallory-150 tone capacitors & Epiphone straplocks !!

click this link to official Gibson.com specs & great colours too

... includes a matching hardshell case which I never use 'cos i'm always playin mine [biggrin]

EpiphoneLesPaul.jpg

Could not agree more...

DSCN0082.jpg

Trust me, it's worth pissing the wife off...just get the tribute. You will regret NOT buying the best Les Paul Epiphone has ever put out, and the tribute can hold its own right up against a Gibson LP Standard. I think these are going to be discontinued, because there is no way Gibson is going to let what is basically a Les Paul Standard quality instrument eat into their low end range like the LPJ, Studio, Etc. For $599.00 and change out the door, with a case and all it cant be beat. It does NOT need any mods, trust me. I modded my Epi LP Standard and while it sounds epic, it is definitely not the Tribute. My two Epi's pictured below...

post-13086-010658300 1370141341_thumb.jpg

Trust me, it's worth pissing the wife off...just get the tribute. You will regret NOT buying the best Les Paul Epiphone has ever put out, and the tribute can hold its own right up against a Gibson LP Standard. I think these are going to be discontinued, because there is no way Gibson is going to let what is basically a Les Paul Standard quality instrument eat into their low end range like the LPJ, Studio, Etc. For $599.00 and change out the door, with a case and all it cant be beat. It does NOT need any mods, trust me. I modded my Epi LP Standard and while it sounds epic, it is definitely not the Tribute. My two Epi's pictured below...

I just ordered on in Midnight Sapphire. I was planning to get an Epi Les Paul Standard and upgrade the pups. Then when I saw the tribute, I figured it was the way to go.

Jim

Archived