Gibson Brands Forums

Fullers J35 or Southern Jumbo

scottnfld

If you happen to dislike, Sheryl Crow, you can always remove the label, which is the only place with her name. Just don't post about it here, like I did... [mellow]

Lars

Lars, abuse over your label removal is just our way of showing love.

And nobody said we don't like Sheryl Crow, particularly Wily, who seems obsessed with a couple of things about her, but I can't quite put my finger on them, as he would say....

Yeah Nick, the label discussion was all in good fun!

Wily's picture of Sheryl Crow has been posted so many times by him here that it must be some kind of record. I bet it will show up in this thread within less than thirty minutes.... [drool]

Lars

I would second the Sheryl Crow or Woody Guthrie model. The woody doesn't have a bound fretboard though. If that's something you like.

Before I found my 12 fret at Baily brothers I was headed to Fullers to compare the fullers customs. While I like the Sheryl Crow model I'd prefer to have a guitar without someone's name on it (the Gibson JB would be the exception). The Fullers 43 SJ had great specs, except I didn't know how the wider neck spec would work for me.

Bottom line. Play the guitars and see what works for you. I hated Gibson and especially the SJ with all it's bling. I have had different guitars and own a really nice Martin, Taylor, and Lowden but once I fell in love with the Gibson by accident, it's the guitars I go to most for what I like to do. I always thought gibsons were overpriced and hyped and just a name. I know different now.

My problem is that I'd like to own more gibsons.

Just my .02 cents.

Just to add a thought about the whole process, I had to go to guitar center so often to try out guitars I tasked to every sales person there and they all knew by name. I'm really glad i kept coming back and tried out guitars before settling on the j45 custom.

Archived