Gibson Brands Forums

j45

beard

Hey Guys,

Haven't posted in a while but I just have to say that my 2008 j45 keeps getting better and better. Its at the point that i pick it up before my others. But I started reading the forums and see all these new j35 threads so I thought id google the new J35.......bad move I need to play one! they look like great guitars and the headstock looks rad too.

More of a rant then a question

cheers

Beard-I'm so sorry for you as you are showing the initial signs of a common malady that is much described here. I wish I could direct you to some help but, alas, I suffer from the same ailment and it takes all that I have to deal with my own problem. My 2006 J-50 is also getting better every day and now I am so relieved that I got a J-50 as the similarities in appearances to the new J-35 are such that I am escaping a relapse in aforesaid malady. I live in dread and fear that the gods in Bozeman will create a sunburst version of the J-35 at the same price as the natural one now available as I don't think I could stay on the wagon if this were the case. Good luck to you and good health.

My guitar teacher still talks with regret of letting his J-45 go.

A good J-45 just becomes part of you over time. When you find a good one, it's a lifetime keeper. I've had mine for more than 45 years, and it would be the last one I'd let go, even though I have "better" guitars.

If you're a Gibson flat top guy, the J-45 is the launching pad for a lifetime of joy.

Archived