Gibson Brands Forums

For the prewar super jumbo fans

JuanCarlosVejar

Based on appearance alone (as that's all we have to go on here!) I'd choose the '41. It has a much better 'burst than the other.....looks richer and more Gibson-eske. A cosmetic selction, of course. Perhaps the light was bad on the '38..........though they are lying on the same floor, obviously in the same place. The blonde case is cooler than the black, but we're choosing the guitar, not the case.

Tell ya' what - lemme have the '41 in the '38s case........done!

(You considering a purchase?)

I think I'd have to agree with frenchie on this one. After all the guitars are for making music with, but if the 41 sounded better it would be doubly great as it is the best looking of the two.

As I really love to A/B I have to take both too.

I look at the dark and get drawn - only to cast a glance at the brown with exactly the same result.

Something tells me the brown sounds magnific - that of course is taken out of blank air.

Ouh, there's one major maybe determinating factor : The end of the dark fretboard has cupids bow - brown is straight over.

I like the 38's Ebony Fingerboard & Bridge compared to others rosewood..and dig the 38's case.

There is a refin 38' on gbase but Im sure price is a joke.

I like Juans guitar too. Great looking case too.

Juan did you finally get it?

Nick,

if it's the blonde one from 1938 it's 25,000 .

I'm planning a trip to texas to check all of the guitars out so I will make a special post when the time comes .

JC

Nick,

if it's the blonde one from 1938 it's 25,000 .

I'm planning a trip to texas to check all of the guitars out so I will make a special post when the time comes .

JC

Thanks

Thats not as much as I expected when I saw "Call for Price"

If it sounds & plays to the expected legendary level $22-25k no cracks.. thats more worth while than a Braz Bozeman which people are trying to get half that.

Archived