Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Fender Japan Content!

Ryan H

Congrats on the beautiful Paisley Tele,she no doubt sounds incredible,after all,guys like Roy Buchanan,Danny Gatton,The Iceman Albert Collins,Jeff Beck,Pete Townshend and many more,used them either for a considerable part or all of their careers.You can't get a Tele sound from any other guitar and that's why it is always emphasized that it should be part of every pickers guitarsenal.I have found that Teles sound really great through Vox AC-15s and AC-30s as you may expect most of Fender's better tube amps bring out the best in a Tele too.I saw Roy Buchanan in action one night in around 1976 on a double-bill with Pat Metheny and during the night he toasted two Fender Twins but the 3rd one held out-the sounds he could coax from these amps with his old '52 Tele were just incredible.He just plugged his Tele straight into the amp and by just using his tone and volume controls he had that Tele weeping,screaming,whimpering and sounding like a pedal steel-sometimes all in one song.It goes to show how versatile the Tele can be -in the right hands.Enjoy your new baby,she'll certainly keep you entertained and smiling.

MIJ Fenders are of exceptional quality and the pride in their craftsmanship of the Japanese people is clearly evident in this,this also holds true of MIJ Orville by Gibson and Orville guitars,some of them are absolutely breathtaking.If anyone is interested in getting a look at some of the great MIJ copies of North American guitars(some of the high end handmade ones are much more elaborately finished and way more expensive than a lot of Custom Shop guitars of any company)look here: http://www.guitarsjapan.com This company is based in Japan but delivers worldwide and even though most of the guitars are used most of them are in mint or near mint condition and you never see one with lower than an 8.5 rating.There prices are very competitive even when you allow for delivery and customs and tax costs involved.A buddy of mine has ordered several beauties from here and has been extremely pleased with them.

...I don't remember if the strat or not. But I am sure that the paisley finish was available in blue on white, and pink on white...

I read an interview, back in around '82, with the great bassist - and enthusiastic collector of custom-colour Fenders - John Entwhistle where he showed-off his original (of course) Pink Paisley Strat.

He claimed that it was one of just two Strats produced by Fender in this style. It seemed that the contours of the guitar didn't 'work' very well with the wallpaper sheets (mentioned previously).

I don't recall him mentioning whether the second example was Pink Paisley or Blue Floral, however.

P.

Congrats on the MIJ paisley, very unique guitar.

I have a 1989 MIJ Strat (American mods) and it is the leader of the pack. Best sounding and playing electric guitar I have ever owned and I have owned a lot of them.

Only my Classic Custom LP comes close to matching it for tone.

Archived