Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Fender Japan Content!

Ryan H

Been looking for a good Tele to add to my arsenal for awhile. I've been a country boy since I was in diapers, and I don't know why it's taken me this long to get a Tele. My problem was that I don't like picking the same old guitar everybody has. Sunburst, black, red, white, butterscotch, everybody's got one of those. And yet everywhere I looked, it was just the same old boring colors.

And then while browsing Long & McQuade's website in anticipation for their Monster Days in June (0% Financing for 6 months), I discovered this...

oC0Ebft.png

The 1969 Reissue Pink Paisley Telecaster. The James Burton/Elvis guitar. The Brad Paisley guitar.

Made In Japan, build quality is flawless and sound is exactly what a Tele should sound like. I was worried about the Basswood body at first, but it actually balances the guitar out nicely. Teles naturally have a lot of bass and a lot of high end, and the basswood fills out the midrange perfectly. Just the perfect weight too.

These Paisley Teles are really hard to come by around here, so I jumped on it as soon as I could. It's on layaway now, and I'm picking it up on June 1st.

-Ryan

Yea, I have a red one, but it's in no way generic. No one puts red with a banana yellow pickguard but me. [flapper]

You have a point there. I was more referring to the people who just keep the white pickguard, or black depending on the guitar.

-Ryan

I've got the 3 tone burst Tele with white pick guard. I guess it's pretty common but I love the way it looks

This is a really cool looking guitar though! You don't see many of them around. I think the average person has probably never seen one

I've got the 3 tone burst Tele with white pick guard. I guess it's pretty common but I love the way it looks

This is a really cool looking guitar though! You don't see many of them around. I think the average person has probably never seen one

Not saying there's anything wrong with them. I love the classic look, but if i'm gonna have 1 Tele for awhile, I want something special.

-Ryan

Dude you got a pink guitar man... [scared]

Lol,,, just kidding man. I think it looks great.

I dig the paisley,, but I'm thinking if it came in maybe black with copper paisley.. mmmm nice.

hehe..

Enjoy your new geet and that classic tele sound. gotta love it.

[thumbup]

You have a point there. I was more referring to the people who just keep the white pickguard, or black depending on the guitar.

-Ryan

No one puts an Invader or a 2 way bridge either.

That there will not be easy to confuse for anyone else's Tele. Can spot it a mile off.

I'm all for classic colors, but that one reminds me of the psychodelic era. I'm picturing a scarf for some reason...or a jumper.

Enjoy!

sharp as a razor !!

back in the early 90s a friend offered to sell me his pink/paisley re-issue Strat for $250.....but I just didn't have the coin at the time.

wonder if he still has it.....

anybody have a phone # for "Boo" (Buford)? haven't seen him in ages.......

Good score Ryan! I was thinking the same as you last year. I wanted a tele but didn't want to spend a lot, got mine for 900 shipped, and I also wanted something a little different that also had a good rep. These Teles made in Japan are known for their quality and great sound. My instructor borrowed mine to use in one of his professional recordings. He was a little afraid he may take some flack for the pink Tele but once he played he said they would not be laughing any longer. He reported back they all wanted one by the end of the recording session. Only problem I have with mine is due to my vision, I have trouble seeing the strings on the maple board even with glasses on they seem to disappear. msp_crying.gif Hope you enjoy yours I love mine!!

935481_4614176883440_194079624_n_zpsf215ec02.jpg

Good score Ryan! I was thinking the same as you last year. I wanted a tele but didn't want to spend a lot, got mine for 900 shipped, and I also wanted something a little different that also had a good rep. These Teles made in Japan are known for their quality and great sound. My instructor borrowed mine to use in one of his professional recordings. He was a little afraid he may take some flack for the pink Tele but once he played he said they would not be laughing any longer. He reported back they all wanted one by the end of the recording session. Only problem I have with mine is due to my vision, I have trouble seeing the strings on the maple board even with glasses on they seem to disappear. msp_crying.gif Hope you enjoy yours I love mine!!

935481_4614176883440_194079624_n_zpsf215ec02.jpg

Is that how much these things go for?

I paid less for my American standard! A lot less!

I like the finish but wow that's a pretty steep up charge for a fancy paint job

Is that how much these things go for?

I paid less for my American standard! A lot less!

I like the finish but wow that's a pretty steep up charge for a fancy paint job

They're a fairly rare reissue...lots of people have never even heard of the '69 Reissue Pink Paisley Tele. Also, American Standard Teles and Strats generally go for about $1000-$1100 new here, and I got my Paisley for about $900 like Cindy's. The Japanese Fender's quality is on par with the American Standards in my opinion. It's a legitimate Reissue, and just look at how much Fender charges for their American Reissues (The American Vintage series). At least twice as much as this beauty. It's more than just a fancy paintjob; it sounds and plays like a proper reissue.

-Ryan

I remember when Fender first introduced the paisley series it was available on the Telecaster and the Tele Bass, I don't remember if the strat or not. But I am sure that the paisley finish was available in blue on white, and pink on white.

They're a fairly rare reissue...lots of people have never even heard of the '69 Reissue Pink Paisley Tele. Also, American Standard Teles and Strats generally go for about $1000-$1100 new here, and I got my Paisley for about $900 like Cindy's. The Japanese Fender's quality is on par with the American Standards in my opinion. It's a legitimate Reissue, and just look at how much Fender charges for their American Reissues (The American Vintage series). At least twice as much as this beauty. It's more than just a fancy paintjob; it sounds and plays like a proper reissue.

-Ryan

I'm very familiar with Japanese Fenders. I've been playing one for years. I think their quality is good.

Personally for that amount of money I'd spend a little more and get a used AVRI, but if everyone did the same thing life would be boring :)

This is a rad looking guitar

Yes, there is a Strat and Bass version as well. There is also the Blue Floral version of Strat, Tele and Bass. I think the main things Ryan and I both were looking for was a nice Tele that was unusual.This is accomplished with the Pink Paisley quite well. Another aspect of this guitar, for me was the fun of possibly getting in early on a good collectable. They began the reissues in 84, mine is a 93 they are highly regarded for their quality, so a win win.

On that same thought I also was looking at the Fender Plus and Deluxe from the early 90's. Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead used or still uses one. Those are already getting up there. Some have very unique finishes such as the Firestorm. But the Paisley had to come first!

Very Sweet, Ryan.

Been a fan of those for about 30 years.....

If I remember correctly the originals were made using sheets of wallpaper!

They were, and it fell off most of them.

rct

Archived