Gibson Brands Forums

50th ann Hbird demo

JuanCarlosVejar

Hmm, didnt sound so great to my ears, but I think, for me it was because he played this Bird' so close to the Bridge which gave it quite a thin tone. I always play my Bird closer to the soundhole for a fuller, richer tone.

I played one of these in London a few years back and it sounded almost like the shown Anniversary – and a lot of other new Hummingbirds.

That means good, but very tight, almost restrained.

The guitar in the clip is absolutely a promise, if you ask me - but needs to open up and it won't come easy.

Lots of hours will be necessary and then, , , , , splaaaaaassshhh, it'll be there.

Exactly in the words above, my 2012 – and perhaps other newer models – differs.

It was definitely looser and bassier from the beginning – soft and glacy already, , , without the harder edge I believe characterizes a great deal of the Birds.

As some of you might know, I find the H-birds some of the most complex acoustics to know, play and describe.

One have to be aware of the blend between the raw primal core and the basic smooth nectarish identity of this flier – that's the clue.

I prefer the weight on the latter, but not as much as in the Standard tested here for 3-4 weeks in January - which had close to zero roughness.

No way.

So sense that balance – it's there you have to find your Bird-self.

Better stop now before goin' nerdybirdy. . . .

lets get the most important thing said - he shouldve fluffed that futon seat before he started recording .

i have to say i liked that guitar a lot , tight and dry and rhythmic . had a great sound to my ears .

pickguard .... was that gold paint for the pattern ? eugh !

lets get the most important thing said - he shouldve fluffed that futon seat before he started recording .

i have to say i liked that guitar a lot , tight and dry and rhythmic . had a great sound to my ears .

pickguard .... was that gold paint for the pattern ? eugh !

Agree - this guitar is good. And yeps, the flora'n'fauna is golden. I could live with it, especially if it faded to 50 % of mint.

My prob. would be the 50 # on the headstock. Don't need that in the chosen size.

Agree - this guitar is good. And yeps, the flora'n'fauna is golden. I could live with it, especially if it faded to 50 % of mint.

My prob. would be the 50 # on the headstock. Don't need that in the chosen size.

dont think i could deal with that gold guard em. a hummingbird should look like hummingbird . i dont agree with fiddling with a classic design . ferarris should be red .

and i forgot to mention the '50'! also made me nausceous .

umm.... nice burst though :-s

Archived