Gibson Brands Forums

Epi 339 truss rod

Giddy Stone

Hi all, I've just bought an Epi 339 pro, and I'm trying to start tinkering with doing adjustments for myself. I've tried to adjust the truss rod with the supplied Allen wrench, but it won't turn...at all. I don't want to force it, and I just wondered if anyone else had an issue with it.

Cheers!

Giddy Stone,

Congrats on the new guitfiddle and welcome to the forum!

What kind of adjustments (in terms of 64ths and relief) are you trying to accomplish?

Are you loosening the strings when you are adjusting? Doesn't make much difference on some guitars.... makes a world of difference on others.

Willy

I also welcome you to the forum. And like Willy must ask you for more info.

If you are trying to tighten it, than I recommend you try and loosen it first. This sometimes helps.

You didn't say if you were trying to tighten or loosen it though..... :-k

If you are trying to tighten it, than I recommend you try and loosen it first. This sometimes helps.

I agree. If it is brand new and you can not turn it either way, some of the guitar's laquer may have glued the adjustment. If so, be sure the allen wrench is firmly in the recepticle and use enough force in the loosening direction to break it free. Then you should be able to tighten it if needed.

God bless, Spamonkis

Thanks for the replies, all. It won't turn either way, and I'm putting a fair amount of pressure on it. I think I'll just take it to a luthier and get them to sort it out. I don't want to break it.

Cheers guys,

Giddy

a wise choice considering it's brand new...

just make sure it's an "authorized" Gibby/Epi repairperson, just in case something DOES break in the process.

Archived