Gibson Brands Forums

Lennon Tribute

JuanCarlosVejar

Is it just me, or is Earl Slick a bit of a posturing tool? Didn't seem to be that great at the guitar either, so I checked out a couple of other clips... again, not really amazing... capable but so are loads of blokes in bars down the road. The Ronnie Wood haircut and tattoos too, so, fair enough he looks like some 70s/80s hairband veteran, but he calls people 'brother', I mean come on.... Wikipedia should have a picture of him on their page for cliches.

Finding it really tough to have any respect at all......

Is it just me, or is Earl Slick a bit of a posturing tool? Didn't seem to be that great at the guitar either, so I checked out a couple of other clips... again, not really amazing... capable but so are loads of blokes in bars down the road. The Ronnie Wood haircut and tattoos too, so, fair enough he looks like some 70s/80s hairband veteran, but he calls people 'brother', I mean come on.... Wikipedia should have a picture of him on their page for cliches.

hahaha...cut him some slack PM...from the day his parents Oil and Mud named little Earl he was doomed to Rock Clichedom.

Ive never heard of him but had a quick look at his clips like this one, and gotta agree with you PM, difficult to rate him as a player. And Gibson gave him that J-200 mini for free as a present .. ?

If I colour my hair black, get a few more tatts, develep a substance habit, can I also have one Gibson .. ??

If I colour my hair black, get a few more tatts, develep a substance habit, can I also have one Gibson .. ??

Nah, been done... get yerself some real spooky goth gear, get all the tatts, maybe even death fascination and call yourself 'Dark Mark' or go the comedy angle, get yerself all sabbath'd up and go by the name Aussie Ausborne.

Nah, been done... get yerself some real spooky goth gear, get all the tatts, maybe even death fascination and call yourself 'Dark Mark' or go the comedy angle, get yerself all sabbath'd up and go by the name Aussie Ausborne.

Im happy to do that PM, but only if Jeremy officially signs a declaration that I will have a Gibson (or two) of my own choosing afterwards ..

Im happy to do that PM, but only if Jeremy officially signs a declaration that I will have a Gibson (or two) of my own choosing afterwards ..

You're saying you'd reduce yourself to being subject to sheer mockery for around 6-8K? Come on man.... msp_biggrin.gif

You're saying you'd reduce yourself to being subject to sheer mockery for around 6-8K? Come on man.... msp_biggrin.gif

We didnt agree to a time limit ... I can do the clown thing as a one off, I work in Advertsing remember.

We didnt agree to a time limit ... I can do the clown thing as a one off, I work in Advertsing remember.

Haha quality.... Credit to Earl though, he has to do that everyday, thankfully he seems a wee bit dim so is less likely to take it to heart.

Ah. Even Dark Mark can't stop the indefatigable Mark E. Ting. But remember, Ozmeister, that in this digital age, one day as a real-life clown is an eternity in the virtual big top of the internet. It's all a bit Hotel Calfornia: you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Archived