Gibson Brands Forums

guitar storage

bullseye99

The reason it's not recommended is that standing it on end puts it at a higher risk for falling and causing a headstock break. Even while in the case your guitar is at risk for this upon any kind if impact.

Actually' date=' it [b']is [/b]recommended, by at least a pair of highly respected luthiers.

Point taken about the cases falling over, but that has never happened to me in over 40 years of guitar ownership and playing.

45 years - I've never stored my guitars any other way but upright. Never a problem but I do agree that if they fall over, that ain't a good thing. BTW....In Slubowski 100 plus collection, I didn't see any sparkle tops. I had a red sparkle top that was stolen but haven't seen too many of them. Any input on this???........J

Now you've got me thinking...I just posted this question on the LPF. Let's see what they have to say about it.

Alright, I got three responses from LPF: Two for vertical; one for horizontal. I should point out that one of the vertical replies was in order to save space.

I'm sure I'm fine with laying my guitars flat on their backs.

Archived