Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton II pickguard

HeavyAir

Hey there,

this is my first post so I'd like to say hello to everybody at first! :)

I've got a Sheraton II ('92 I think...) with the stock pickguard (red tortoise).

I wondered if there was a fitting pickguard to replace this one, because I'm not really satisified with the looks.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a bunch of times, but when entering "Sheraton" into the box I got countless results so I thought I just asked you guys right away.

Has anybody changed the pickguard or knows where to get one?

Thanks a lot in advance

Alex

I got one here:

http://www.terrapinguitars.com/index2_php.php?content=guitarContent

I sent them mine and they used it as a template. Because Sherrys are make in different factories each PG may fit a little different. Here is mine now, along with a few other mods. I went with Black/Cream/Black. He was very good to work with. I had him make a custom PG for a Strat build that I did and I am very happy with it. He also did the PG in my avatar.

Sherry.jpg

I got one here:

http://www.terrapinguitars.com/index2_php.php?content=guitarContent

I sent them mine and they used it as a template. Because Sherrys are make in different factories each PG may fit a little different. Here is mine now, along with a few other mods. I went with Black/Cream/Black. He was very good to work with. I had him make a custom PG for a Strat build that I did and I am very happy with it. He also did the PG in my avatar.

Sherry.jpg

Origional Poster, Welcome to the Forum.....hope you become a (ir)regular here !!

JCW, The black pg looks GREAT on the VSB !!

I've been thinking about getting a hollow body for some time now, you guys have now given me a severe GAS attack...... [flapper]

Technically these are semi-hollows, which don't feedback like full hollows. And yes, you need a 335 of some sort. Great tones and very comfortable. When I see someone with a Strat, I think: "Oh geez, another sheep following the herd. I'm in for a night of schreechy sounds" When I see a guy with a 335, I say to myself: "This guy can think for himself. I bet this guy knows what he's doing."

Technically these are semi-hollows, which don't feedback like full hollows. And yes, you need a 335 of some sort. Great tones and very comfortable. When I see someone with a Strat, I think: "Oh geez, another sheep following the herd. I'm in for a night of schreechy sounds" When I see a guy with a 335, I say to myself: "This guy can think for himself. I bet this guy knows what he's doing."

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'd take a Tele over a Strat any day, although I did have a Gretsch, I'm seriously thinking about one of these guys - just got to get my SG Standard out of the way, and then hopefully...

Funny you say that (not that I know what I'm doing), but I can't remember the last time I picked up one of my solid body guitars (okay, my LP), but I'm mostly playing my hollows and semi's, and really digging the tonal diff's, P90's, Humbuckers, etc. and sounds I'm getting out of these, and I'm having fun with using "controlled" feedback as well. YMMV.

my favorite black guard to date is this "art deco" style on my DeArmond

GarysCam268.jpg

I can appreciate that Bender. Just recently spent way too much money on a '66 Guild Starfire IV, similar to the one I gigged with in the mid '60's. Kick myself for ever selling it but hey...

022_zps13cdd656.jpg

That would looks really sharp with a black 5 ply! That has a gorgeous finish.

thanks JCW ! it's the "dipped in plastic" finish, but seems fairly thin, & can at least age from the inside out, it's got a fairly sweet acoustic sound & the top & back grain look good.

Sweetwaters' gallery pic is the only good backshot i've got

62506_zps8c5c3dc3.jpg

Dennis...that Starfire is Super-Bad !

hardware looks familiar......

the Guild guard on it gives it a really different look.

I REALLY gotta send some business Terrapins way......

Painting the BACK of the PG black is another option. This way you keep the shape and the binding. I found the tortoise shell was way too light and transparent. Who wants to look at the mounting bracket through the pick guard? Cheesy indeed.

Archived