Gibson Brands Forums

I still cant believe

brannon67

I still cant believe, and I am still baffled why EPI/MASTERBILT would discontinue the AJ-500M/R models. Its not like they were not selling. I still dont understand the logic behind that decision. Do you guys?

I still cant believe, and I am still baffled why EPI/MASTERBILT would discontinue the AJ-500M/R models. Its not like they were not selling. I still dont understand the logic behind that decision. Do you guys?

Great question! Are there any "in the know" Epiphone or Gibson managers out there with a customer reply to this?? It appears the world is holding its breath for an answer! Oh well. Guess not. Just glad I got mine while they were still available! But I would say that after the Elite series disappearance, and now the un-explained Masterbilt series extinguishment, I might be more than a bit hesitant to buy another Epiphone. The only ray of hope I can give is that the Epiphone web site states that the various Masterbilts are "Out of production." ...Could this mean that it is temporary, and that Masterbilt production will resume at some future time? No one from Epiphone is seemingly spilling the beans. One thing is sure. The top people at Epiphone and Gibson do read these threads. Now we the customers, have asked for an explanation. Perhaps Epiphone will reply...Epiphone, it's your call!

Archived