Gibson Brands Forums

Poor workman ship and Qc checks again and again

Eades

So far i've sent 5 pelham blue non reverse thunderbirds back due to poor workman ship on the paint job. so far there has been paint missing, black flex in it, red flex in it and dents in the head stock just over sprayed, its just getting beyond a joke now i even had a email from Gibson saying the reason its poorly done is because its handmade, as i replied it doesn't say this on you website *warning paint job poorly done just accept it we done care, it actual says only a Gibson is good enough

Indeed, my Jazz and P are lovely examples of what that company can do. They are bass, much like Gibson is mahogany bodied sometimes-maple-capped humbuckered short scale guitars.

rct

My 20006 76RI Explorer, that dark Heritage Cherry, is painted so well I hate taking it out of the case!

rct

Could you let us know where you purchased your time machine - I want one? Are Gibson still able to get "real wood from trees" in 20,006?

(apologies, bad sense of humour, couldn't resist).

[blush]

Could you let us know where you purchased your time machine - I want one? Are Gibson still able to get "real wood from trees" in 20,006?

(apologies, bad sense of humour, couldn't resist).

[blush]

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Thanks for that! Didn't even notice.

rct

I have an SG Std. Sept. 2012 manufacture with no problems on the Heritage Cherry. It has the Baked Maple fretboard. It's not a fancy as the traditional Rosewood, but the Maple gives it a sound I like better, closer to a Fender Maple with an attitude. The frets were set very good also.

even the MIM paint jobs are perfect........just an observation.

Agreed. It's not just the paint that's perfect on the MIM Fenders. From what I've seen lately, the MIM Standards are close to the Am. Standards on fit, and finish.

2005 American Jazz, Transparent Sunset Orange. Has a White Pearl pickguard on it like the rest of my Fedners, this picture has stock strings so prolly the day I got it.

Jazz1.jpg

rct

Archived