Gibson Brands Forums

Nick Lucas demo

JuanCarlosVejar

I don't like when people (myself included) post about a particular guitar and the posts end up being attacks against people !

I posted this so others could hear/talk about the Nick Lucas . I respect everyone here . so I please ask to stop if you are not going to talk about the Nick Lucas . I know alot of guys really like some of the stuff I post and I do it for no other reason that to pass on the joy of a video or a link about some particular guitar with other gibson lovers .

JC

Apologies, I am now ignoring a few posters; any further nonsense should be the sound of one hand clapping. The echoes of unswinging playing will die away soon.

I don't like when people (myself included) post about a particular guitar and the posts end up being attacks against people !

I posted this so others could hear/talk about the Nick Lucas . I respect everyone here . so I please ask to stop if you are not going to talk about the Nick Lucas . I know alot of guys really like some of the stuff I post and I do it for no other reason that to pass on the joy of a video or a link about some particular guitar with other gibson lovers .

I hear you, JC. And, I second the motion.

edit: I have no idea why my reply came out in th box. I should have previewed. old dog .........

JC

The guitar is a Nick Lucas Elite reissue from 2005 which I bought from a forum member. The guitar sounds good, as you can tell even from my poor recording. It's not as loud to me when I'm playing as some other guitars I have, but it projects well out in front, and often overpowers my recording level. It has much more bass than shallower guitars of this size like most L-00's. My only problem with this guitar is the neck. The fretboard feels a touch narrower than I like and the neck is quite thin, but I like chunky. Possibly the string spacing is also coming into play. It's really ideally spaced for plectrum playing rather than fingerstyle. When I switch to it from some other instruments the string spacing seems tight and I have problems fat-fingering notes and hitting the adjacent string.

A couple times I have thought of selling it, but recently I seem to be falling in love with it again.

The guitar is a Nick Lucas Elite reissue from 2005 which I bought from a forum member. The guitar sounds good, as you can tell even from my poor recording. It's not as loud to me when I'm playing as some other guitars I have, but it projects well out in front, and often overpowers my recording level. It has much more bass than shallower guitars of this size like most L-00's. My only problem with this guitar is the neck. The fretboard feels a touch narrower than I like and the neck is quite thin, but I like chunky. Possibly the string spacing is also coming into play. It's really ideally spaced for plectrum playing rather than fingerstyle. When I switch to it from some other instruments the string spacing seems tight and I have problems fat-fingering notes and hitting the adjacent string.

A couple times I have thought of selling it, but recently I seem to be falling in love with it again.

thanks Jerry .

it seems like a sweet guitar .

JC

JC

JC,

I look forward to checking the forum for your recent posts. I especially enjoy the vids.

Keep it up, please.

FMA

I have lost the motivation to share clips of my playing on this site....no longer a friendly place to do so I am afraid.

It's a very friendly place to play clips. Please post yours.

JC... Your posts are part of the backbone of this forum. I salute you for your help and genorosity.

Guys ,

thanks for your kind words . I don't plan on leaving =) and I will continue to post .

just thought I'd let Jerry know you don't have to apologize to me or anyone I can stand a rant or two ... but I hate when people (not you) start bashing one another for no reason . I love the way you played the Nick Lucas ... I certainly find no fault in your style of playing .

to everyone thanks It feels nice to be recognized ... I hope to keep posting good material for everyone to enjoy !

cheers and God Bless

JC

JC, nobody likes the boards to become a fight-club, certainly nobody likes the idea some posters would feel this is not the place to post their music, what's happened here is purely a response to Jerry being very heavy-handed with others in the last few days. In that respect he's thoroughly deserved what happened here and I'm not sorry for my part in it. Jerry was out of line starting a few days ago and has had his comeuppance, simple as that.... Regardless of what you think of me my motivation is for everyone here to feel comfortable to post their music.

Jerry now wants to play the victim here... but I can easily quote in to this thread some of his posts over the last few days to balance things up if he continues. I even took some screen shots just in case he goes back to edit posts in an attempt to make himself look better. :D I won't stand for bullies in 'real' life, don't see why I should put up with them here either.

JC, nobody likes the boards to become a fight-club, certainly nobody likes the idea some posters would feel this is not the place to post their music, what's happened here is purely a response to Jerry being very heavy-handed with others in the last few days. In that respect he's thoroughly deserved what happened here and I'm not sorry for my part in it. Jerry was out of line starting a few days ago and has had his comeuppance, simple as that.... Regardless of what you think of me my motivation is for everyone here to feel comfortable to post their music.

Jerry now wants to play the victim here... but I can easily quote in to this thread some of his posts over the last few days to balance things up if he continues. I even took some screen shots just in case he goes back to edit posts in an attempt to make himself look better. :D I won't stand for bullies in 'real' life, don't see why I should put up with them here either.

Pman ,

just thought I'd let you know I wasn't talking about you either ... I respect you and I believe we have been exchanging thoughts on this forum long enough to know how it is here . I was talking about how on other ocassions people have been so hard on others that they have actually left the forum as a result .

I get why you did it like I said I can talk a rant or two ... but let's try and enjoy the music & guitars of each other =) .

I'm sorry if I made you feel as a target or anything .

peace and respect

JC

Archived