Gibson Brands Forums

Trying to find a song - "I'm Serious"

matonanjin

At the Peter Frampton Guitar Circus Saturday night before Sonny Landreth came on they were playing music over the PA while setting up, of course. One of the songs they were playing had a really cool blues sound to it and really cool guitar solos in it.

One of the repeating vocals in it was "I'm Serious". I have tried a Google search before posting here and all I come up with is some rap song. That ain't it! [thumbdn]

Anyone any idea what the song might be or who it is by?

I love going on song searches!

I did a search for lyrics, "I'm serious" in lyrics.com and a whole bunch of song titles came up. Check it out—maybe you'll find your mystery song!

Good luck!

Added: Ok, so maybe not! LOL! I looked closer, and they weren't really search "returns". All I can find is the track by T.I. [cursing]

I love going on song searches!

I did a search for lyrics, "I'm serious" in lyrics.com and a whole bunch of song titles came up. Check it out—maybe you'll find your mystery song!

Good luck!

Added: Ok, so maybe not! LOL! I looked closer, and they weren't really search "returns". All I can find is the track by T.I. [cursing]

I've got snippets of a song in my mind from the late 70's-early 80's. I don't know who did it or what it was named. It had a haunting sparse riff and I remember the lyrics saying something about "Sitting in this hotel (or motel) room. It was in regular rotation on my local FM station so it cant be too obscure. I've been looking for years and have turned up nothing.

Sad thing is I'm a huge Luther Allison fan and have heard that song before! Oh, well. The mind is gone. Just more proof!

Thanks again.

I know the feeling...I like to think of it as my mind is out drinkin, smokin and cruising for women..while my body stays home as acts it's age...lol [thumbup]

I've got snippets of a song in my mind from the late 70's-early 80's. I don't know who did it or what it was named. It had a haunting sparse riff and I remember the lyrics saying something about "Sitting in this hotel (or motel) room.

The first thing that popped into my head was the Loudon Wainright song called Motel Blues...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKqZZg2U6t4

Archived