Gibson Brands Forums

From The Gibson Acoustic Facebook

JuanCarlosVejar

Oh man...... I LOVE it!

I just started squirreling away money for a Gibson F-Style mandolin.... I'm sure I can get that in the house sometime in the future....it'll be awhile, since I need to put away about $6K.....

but if I could...... THAT is SWEET! I just can't bring another guitar in the house unless I dispose of something......

Oh man...... I LOVE it!

I just started squirreling away money for a Gibson F-Style mandolin.... I'm sure I can get that in the house sometime in the future....it'll be awhile, since I need to put away about $6K.....

but if I could...... THAT is SWEET! I just can't bring another guitar in the house unless I dispose of something......

Dbob,

I actually am wanting a mandolin myself I just wrote to the guys at Fuller's today to see if Nashville is taking custom orders =)

I hope you get one !

JC

Dbob,

I actually am wanting a mandolin myself I just wrote to the guys at Fuller's today to see if Nashville is taking custom orders =)

I hope you get one !

JC

I hope YOU get one! (I suspect you'll put it to better use than I will!).

Custom order? What?

Keep me posted!

I don't Facebook so have never seen what Gibson is up to.

OK, who the flip is that?

I like the guitar up to the point where the neck meets the body. While I will take a tobacco burst over a Cherry burst any day of the week, I guess the choice of bridge, pickguard and rosette just ain't my style and based on looks I sure would not trade my '63 for it.

And you mandolin wanting guys - the lure of the Gibson F mando is as strong as it gets. But if you can fight the urge and live without the scroll, look at a pre-War Strad-0-Lin. While nobody knows who made them (Favilla which made a great guitar being the most likely candidate). The story is these were so good Bill Monroe kept one around. Me and others I know all dumped our Gibson A's for one of these.

Archived