Gibson Brands Forums

How Do I Join 2 Audio Tracks Seamlessly?

Rocky4

I have some audio tracks of live shows. The tracks are individual songs, but some were played back to back without a break. How do I seamlessly join these to make one track ? I've tried Quicktime Pro and Audacity, but they both leave a glitch between tracks.

You could use recording software like Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer...etc There are many to chose from. I use Cubase, what I would do is record each song to a track and the move the start and stop points so they are in a continuos play order. Once you have done that make the first beat of the fist song your start point (left locator) and the end point of the last song as your ending point (right locator). Select everything in the time line between the start and end points and export it a one big sound file...

Whatever you use, set it to snap to zero crossings if the option is available.

How many tracks we talking?

If we can work out the logistics of moving the files back/forth, I would be happy to attempt getting them joined for you.

Gratis of course

I got it. I joined them using Quicktime Pro, then opened it in Audacity. From there, I zoomed in until a huge dead spot showed. Deleting the dead spot made one perfect, seamless track! Thanks for the help.

Archived