Gibson Brands Forums

What speaker would pair well with a Greenback?

Riptide

Hey guys! I have a Vox AC-15 (which I love very much) and just today I plugged it in through my Epi cab (as an extension speaker) and the result was very nice! The "Lady Luck" speaker in the Epi cab has some extra bass and bright highs (slightly scooped) sound to it which complemented my G12-M nicely.

I've also been thinking about working on a speaker cab project with my dad. (ever since I re-finished a guitar with him I've wanted to try another project!) So, since I'm thinking of building a cab, I thought why not make it and extension for my AC-15? So anyway, I'm wondering what speaker you think would pair nicely with a Greenback? I'm thinking something that is bassy and tight sounding... maybe a little scooped too? Any suggestions?

I think you've answered your own question. Either take one from the epi cab or buy another one?

I thought about that but I'm not going to do it for a couple reasons. I want to use that cab for other purposes, and I also wan't to build my own cab so there's no point in buying a second Epi cab. And the biggest reason is that where the Lady Luck does sound good with a Greenback it isn't really a great speaker... it has more bass but it's a little flubby and it has bright highs but they are a little sterile.

Thanks for the input I'll check all those options out. Has anyone tried a Creamback with a Greenback?

Guest Farnsbarns

Makes sense I did mean buy another speaker as opposed.to a cab but you've covered that in your response too. I would secong the v30, maybe one of the tighter sounding jensens.

Makes sense I did mean buy another speaker as opposed.to a cab but you've covered that in your response too. I would secong the v30, maybe one of the tighter sounding jensens.

Wait... is the Vintage 30 a Jensen? I thought this is what people were talking about?

Archived