Gibson Brands Forums

1958 Stratocasters on Flea-Bay

brc

I saw at least three 1958 Stratocasters on Fleay-Bay for sale today. Prices are not that too far off from each other. I think the highest price was $35,000

Kind of strange that three different guitars from the same year are on that site at the same time

I saw at least three 1958 Stratocasters on Fleay-Bay for sale today. Prices are not that too far off from each other. I think the highest price was $35,000

Kind of strange that three different guitars from the same year are on that site at the same time

as many fakes that are out there, I have a hard time trusting anything from ebay.

Guest Farnsbarns

Thanks, looks nice. The vintage guitar market is weird. While I know there's no good reason for these values/prices I'd still buy vintage if I was rich. I suppose that means I get the alure but know the prices are illogical. The guitar will be no better to play, if as good as a modern replica so why would a lot of people pay the money? Strange...

And this is a cut/paste quote from that ad.

"The price reflects the model type, age, rarity, character, beauty and it's personal worth to me."

He has been declining offers since July of 2012.

He's not getting anywhere close to what he thinks it's worth. And is why it's still for sale.

I just thought it was strange the 3 58 Strats were on E-Bay at the same time

Ya for sure.

That's what happens though. One guy sees the guy with the crazy price on one and puts his on for a less

crazy but still crazy price and thinks he's got a shot.

You really need to search ebay on what items have actually sold for.

Sellers can put any price they want on it.

Did you look at the link I posted above? A 57 in about as good condition you could hope for(and far nicer than the 35,000 one).

With the tweed case and a bunch of case goodies(original or not they are a cool addition) for $17,300.

Yes, I saw that one.

Actually there are a couple of nice ones for sale right now.

I think I would still want to see it first hand, but I am sure there are some people that see a 57 58 Stratocaster that think they have to have it, and have more money than sense and fork it over.

I would not mind owning one of them, but with the market the way it is, I am sure with a little digging, you could find one at a better price.

I am sure there are some people that see a 57 58 Stratocaster that think they have to have it, and have more money than sense and fork it over.

That may be true but the dude has been asking 35,000 since July of last year(2012).

Archived