Gibson Brands Forums

iphone question?

Murph

Cool. I've only had it a month and a half. I charge it every other night, just didn't see any instructions on that.

It is a godsend for downtime in airports and doctors offices. There are some things you can do to mitigate battery drain - like lower the screen brightness for example. But yeah.... you can leave it plugged in for a week with no issue.

Yes you can charge the battery overnight... recommendations are here, there and everywhere and nearly all of them as contested as they are supported.

The battery type is reported to be good for 4000 charges (but charge quality diminishes after 1000) however, at one charge per day that suggests it's good for more than 10 years... clearly not so..... If you look at it in the light that you will mostl likely switch phones within 18-30 months it doesn't seem so bad.

As for preserving battery life, there are many tips, tricks, even hacks you can do....

Try not to fill your phone up with the free apps, those apps supported by ads are more intensive in battery use than the paid for (ad free) versions as the ad processes are constantly polling and using resources.

Try to kill some apps running in the background which are battery intensive and be sure not to have too many apps running in the background all the time.

If you're in an area that doesn't get good signal you will use more battery than in a place where the signal is strong.

Check your email, as email polling can be a battery killer, if you set it to manual retrieval you can save some power.

Check the brightness of the sceen

Making video in low light will also drain the battery quite a bit.

I've read that occasionally, you should let the battery get down very low and then give it a full charge.

I usually let my android battery get down to the single digits before I plug it in. Never had a problem, albeit, I've never held on to a phone for more than 30 months.

Archived