Gibson Brands Forums

EJ200 artist

lengle1981

They commonly retailed for $199.

So less than the standard ej200 then? What did they retail at? I'm in the uk and they were £299 over here was the standard ej200. I'm looking for the ej200 artist on eBay so just wanted to see what I'd pay. The standard ej200 go for about £200 or thereabouts on eBay

So less than the standard ej200 then? What did they retail at? I'm in the uk and they were £299 over here was the standard ej200. I'm looking for the ej200 artist on eBay so just wanted to see what I'd pay. The standard ej200 go for about £200 or thereabouts on eBay

In the US, the EJ-200 sells for $399. So the EJ-200 Artist usually sold for 40-50% less than the EJ-200. The street price of the EJ-200 Artist was $249 if I remember, but they were frequently on sale or discounted to $199.

Nice guitar, by the way. I played several in stores and was always pleasantly surprised.

Red 333

Does anyone know if these were cheaper than the standard ej200? I know they're now discontinued but were they a lot cheaper?

These were on sale at one time for $126.00 to $150.00 US at musicians friend. I bought 3 at that time. All 3 had solid tops, and were great values for the money. I've since sold 2, but the first one I bought, will never leave. They could be be great values, but like all production line guitars, you have to play several to find the "one".

Tim

I bought an EJ-200 Artist as a cheap guitar to play around the house, etc. and was stunned by the quality of the thing. It's no Martin, of course, but it's totally easy to play and has nice volume. I play it a lot, it's become one if my favorite instruments.

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these in vintage sunburst in the uk, not seen one lately which is obviously due to the line being discontinued. Sounds like some of you have had good experiences with these

These were very good guitars "for the money". shame they discontinued them, but that is the Epiphone legacy, great cheap guitars...every once in a while.

Archived