Gibson Brands Forums

Roller bridge for Swingster

sjruvolo

I'm pretty happy with my Stewmac roller bridge on my Dot Studio- I'm in Australia so I guess I've got metric bits but it was a fairly painless operation for me- also they are adjustable at the posts for intonation which fixed the tune o matic dramas and lock to the posts with Allen keys which would seem to be good for sustain. Some people reckon they're a bit fiddley to set up as all the saddles lock from above with Allen screws but I'm an idiot and I managed pretty easily! Also they feel great under the heel of your hand to rest on. Mine fitted straight onto the Epi posts, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody seen the new roller bridges by Tonepros. Just got a new Swingster and would like to upgrade to a roller. Can anyone recommend a roller?

I've got the Tone Pros roller bridge on my Bigsby equipped ES-195. It works really well and I've got no gripes with it. I'd keep the metric vs. standard sizing in mind when ordering.

• 1 month later...

The roller bridge on my 2010 Swingster was really junky. The saddles rocked from side to side, rattled and buzzed. Way too many moving parts. Hopefully Epiphone is using something better now. I just replaced mine with a solid aluminum Compton. A huge improvement! I don't think a roller is necessary; and may even be a detriment to sustain and tone.

Archived