Gibson Brands Forums

Weights

rolloman

There is no weight assigned to guitars, and there is no way of knowing how much one will weigh based on the model name. You'll have to play them and find one that isn't too heavy or too light for you.

rct

Those models will all be pretty close in weight since they're chambered in the same way. To give yourself a better idea, go check them out or even check a site like Sweetwater where they actually display the weight of each guitar they have in their product viewer.

There is no weight assigned to guitars, and there is no way of knowing how much one will weigh based on the model name. You'll have to play them and find one that isn't too heavy or too light for you.

rct

This.

Those models can vary in weight by 1 1/2lbs between different examples of the same model.

P.

Guest Farnsbarns

Those models will all be pretty close in weight since they're chambered in the same way. To give yourself a better idea, go check them out or even check a site like Sweetwater where they actually display the weight of each guitar they have in their product viewer.

Do yourself a favour and ignore this post. The other guys have it, no way of knowing from the model or what kind of weight relief is used. Mahogany varies in weight hugely.

Haha I just meant that since they're all Studio's they should be relatively close, and to check them out on Sweetwater to find the weight of a specific guitar your interested in isn't that stupid, also to go and try them yourself isn't that bad of a suggestion either. I didn't intend to post and ignorant worthy comment on here...

Haha I just meant that since they're all Studio's they should be relatively close, and to check them out on Sweetwater to find the weight of a specific guitar your interested in isn't that stupid, also to go and try them yourself isn't that bad of a suggestion either. I didn't intend to post and ignorant worthy comment on here...

Yeah I suppose everyone is kinda right. Conclusion they all vary not only between models but within the models themselves. Sweetwater would get me a pretty good average since they list each individual s/n of the guitar and then what it weighs. Would work decently as long as they have several of each model. Thank you all for the advice. That explains a lot why the mfg. cannot put the weight spec. across the board for a particular model.

Guest Farnsbarns

Agreed, and some members on this board are less kind to other members who are trying to help and providing pretty good advice.

Do you know what, you're right, that was a little rude. I just think it a real shame when someone answers another persons question with bad advice, especially if the right advice has already been offered. Still, I was overly blunt, sorry.

Gettig ready to purchase one of these models, but would like to know the weight of them. Can anyone help me out with this.

Les Paul Studio Pro (2014)

Les Paul Studio (2014)

Les Paul Studio Deluxe II 60's Neck Flame Top

My son has a 2009 Studio Deluxe (60's neck...a GC exclusive as I recall) and it's a heavy wt relieved guitar....about 8.75 lbs. His new 2013 Traditional is a tad heavier(solid block). My chambered LP Studio feels like a mid-7 lbs.

Looked at the weight of several each of these model guitars on Sweetwater Music then averaged them.

Les Paul Studio Pro 2014 Avg weight = 8.52 lbs.

Les Paul Studio 2014 Avg. weight = 8.30 lbs.

Les Paul Studio Deluxe II 60's neck flame top Avg. weight = 6.75 lbs.

I bought the Studio Deluxe II 60's neck flame top. Luv it.

Archived