Gibson Brands Forums

ES-139 Hard Shell Fitted CAse

idorky

Hello 4rm, just wondering if anybody already acquired a fitted hard shell case for an ES-139, inquired directly from Gibson and directed me to TKL, almost had a heart attack [scared] when they gave me a quote, aftermarket will do, i can modify a little if needed (ie add padding [smile] ). for the price of the axe and only came with a quality Chinese padded gig bag is kinda disappointing, almost the deal breaker, but hey, can't win 'em all, i'm happy so far with the axe, she just need to be set up to my specs. anyways, thanks in advance for any leads you can throw me. happy playing

...Gibson and directed me to TKL, almost had a heart attack [scared] when they gave me a quote...

If you got a model number from TKL with the quote, their cases can be bought at about half that price from a proper retailer. Manufacturers quote full retail prices to protect there distributors and retailers.

• 1 month later...

finally, my quest for a hard shell case is over =D> . for ES-139 owners, the case for ES-339/359 fits like OJ's glove, what i bought is an Epiphone ES-339/359 hard shell case. for sub 100's it's a well made case, the 139 fits snugly with no movement, the case close easily without any downward force. the interior is well padded. i'm sure the Gibson version of the case will fit just fine. post-62473-004537300 1394334931_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the pic. I might try that one but this gig bag actually isn't bad either. When I compare the ES-139 to my Les Paul its definitely one size larger.

I think they didn't make a case for the 139 because of its unique shape and not widely enough available to justify the cost. But seems they could have used the es-339 case and made a small modification for it.

Thanks for the pic. I might try that one but this gig bag actually isn't bad either. When I compare the ES-139 to my Les Paul its definitely one size larger.

I think they didn't make a case for the 139 because of its unique shape and not widely enough available to justify the cost. But seems they could have used the es-339 case and made a small modification for it.

Amen. For a guitar costing this much it should have included a hard case. [cursing]

Archived