Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Les Paul Signature T Gold Top WARNING: Hot pics of gorgeous guitar!

Scott0

So I guess you aren't wondering if it's worth 3x as much as you paid for the 60s tribute anymore then ;)

I was just at the local Sam Ash to pick up some cleaning stuff (and of course check out some other things that I can't afford LOL) and they still have the Sig T in Vintage Sunburst that I played a few weeks ago. Just a really sweet guitar. Not disliking my 60s Tribute at all but if I had the spare cash... it'd be a no brainer...

Play the heck out of it...

-Jim

Thanks for the kind words fellow Les Paulians!

So I guess you aren't wondering if it's worth 3x as much as you paid for the 60s tribute anymore then ;)

I was just at the local Sam Ash to pick up some cleaning stuff (and of course check out some other things that I can't afford LOL) and they still have the Sig T in Vintage Sunburst that I played a few weeks ago. Just a really sweet guitar. Not disliking my 60s Tribute at all but if I had the spare cash... it'd be a no brainer...

Play the heck out of it...

-Jim

I think if I had gotten a good 60s tribute I would still be wondering about that. Unfortunately, all 3 that I had (the first purchased one and then 2 replacements for that one) had serious build issues/damage.

:-)

1389992131[/url]' post='1474969']

I do. Really do! [thumbup]

Thank you, it sounds fantastic, and feels just as fantastic, albeit it's heavy. 9 lbs 8 oz. I guess the traditional weight relief doesn't relieve as much as the modern weight relief but a wide strap has handled that minor issue.

Hard to put it all into words, everything about it seems to come together and work right. I've been having a blast playing it since Monday. Heck, even the hard shell case it came in is super!

I'm very happy and completely stoked with the purchase, not to mention getting it at a close-out price.

[thumbup]

I was the same when I bought my Les Paul standard. I bought a leather and sheepskin strap from El Dorado straps in Pasadena. The weight is absolutely no problem with one of those babies, it'll last you a lifetime.

I was the same when I bought my Les Paul standard. I bought a leather and sheepskin strap from El Dorado straps in Pasadena. The weight is absolutely no problem with one of those babies, it'll last you a lifetime.

I looked those up, they look real sharp! I see one in my future.

Very cool ...congrats

looks like the long cousin of my Classsic Goldtop

lp_gold4.jpg

damn sure does eh. I've noticed on this one the binding and such has a fleshtone to it more than my other guitars with binding, which are more ivory. I can't tell from your picture, does your's as well?

The gloss finish on the neck of this one seems to get a bit sticky when my hand is sweaty, is that typical? Any suggestions to deal with that?

Archived