Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson...What rubbish.

LarryUK

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Very Nice Jazz, Searcy! I'd like to see more, if we may?

I added the 'question mark' in my OP because only the early ('60 - '66) Jazz basses had dots and not all of them (AFAIK) had bound necks.

As I'm sure you already know Fender changed the Jazz mid-way through '66 from dot- to block-inlays so the one you played was a choice, late, specimen of the former!

I trust you have/had fun?!

Nice Snap, BTW!....................[thumbup]

P.

Oh I had fun with it. It was busted and came in to the shop for some repairs. It's been heavily modified with a horrible with paint job, a BadAss bridge and an active 3 band EQ. Still.... It's a fantastic bass.

Let me upload something and I'll show you the rest of it. [thumbup]

...It's been heavily modified with a horrible with paint job, a BadAss bridge and an active 3 band EQ. Still.... It's a fantastic bass.

Thanks for the upload, Searcy!

[thumbup]

From the tiny amount I've read on the evolution of the Jazz Bass both sources state that the neck received binding and block inlays in '66.

The wording in both books makes it sound as though both changes happened at the same time but as 'your' neck has binding with dots it seems there was a crossover period.

You mention the body re-paint but the neck looks to be untouched; is that correct?

The re-fin and so on will have knocked some $ of the value but still; very nice working bass!

P.

Archived