Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul, 50s Tribute issues = crickets

nlowther

WHen shipping the Guitar back.. OF all the shippers that you have access to the top three UPS FEDEX & DHL .. I would suggest that you do not use DHL.. I have only had problems with DHL not all of the time but the ne time I did have a problem it was with DHL.. *)o(*.. make sure to have the guitar professionally packaged *)o(*b

Well DHL is the best estimate at $350, I've found that they are very good (internationally) sending bike parts from the US(RMATV). Still waiting for GC to confirm they are OK with this.

I'm in two minds about doing this though - as stated, I really dig the guitar, I'm hesitant to get a replacement without actually playing it. Also once I send it back , they have my guitar and my money. I'm considering settling for a a partial refund 50%, just to get in over with. This would work out better for them and just be less hassle in general. Or do you think this guitar will fail horribly down the track. It seems to stay in tune pretty well.

Thoughts???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well DHL is the best estimate at $350, I've found that they are very good (internationally) sending bike parts from the US(RMATV). Still waiting for GC to confirm they are OK with this.

I'm in two minds about doing this though - as stated, I really dig the guitar, I'm hesitant to get a replacement without actually playing it. Also once I send it back , they have my guitar and my money. I'm considering settling for a a partial refund 50%, just to get in over with. This would work out better for them and just be less hassle in general. Or do you think this guitar will fail horribly down the track. It seems to stay in tune pretty well.

Thoughts???

There's no precentage in GC trying to "screw you!" Send it back,

and Get the New One! [tongue]:rolleyes:

CB

There's no precentage in GC trying to "screw you!" Send it back,

and Get the New One! [tongue]:rolleyes:

CB

OK, I might be jumping the gun a bit - but they may do a swap for the 60s one as they don't have the 50s in stock that I can see.

What is the comparison, P90s vs Humbuckers? the P90s are buzzy at high gain, are humbuckers on the 60's LP any better? I love the big rich sound of the P90 on the neck position , this is the only pickup I really use so far. So fat and crunchy!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-2013-Les-Paul--60s-Tribute-Electric-Guitar-H90722-i3554886.gc

OK, I might be jumping the gun a bit - but they may do a swap for the 60s one as they don't have the 50s in stock that I can see.

What is the comparison, P90s vs Humbuckers? the P90s are buzzy at high gain, are humbuckers on the 60's LP any better? I love the big rich sound of the P90 on the neck position , this is the only pickup I really use so far. So fat and crunchy!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-2013-Les-Paul--60s-Tribute-Electric-Guitar-H90722-i3554886.gc

Humbuckers are quiet, by comparison. They're "Fat" and creamy sounding, especially overdriven.

They aren't as "round/twangy" and mid-range "quacky" sounding as the P-90. So, there is a difference.

But, depending on the type music you love to play most, either can work. Burstbucker pickups

are great! And, if you don't care for them, you can always swap them out (later) for different

humbucker versions, or even P-94's, which are a direct "drop in," without any mods to the body.

They (P-94's) have more the P-90 tone.

So, several options, IF you decide to go the '60's Tribute replacement.

CB

Thoughts???

bottom line if you are gigging and the guitar is on the road send it back get the replacement Guitar Center has no reason to rip you off this was and still is just a FOBAR as they use to say SHIP the guitar back have them send you a set of 360 degree photo's then make the deal *)o(* I Love the P 90's I have a Traditional Pro with Tapped P90's and a 60's profile neck the neck is a little thinner and not quite and heavy feeling the guitar sounds great however.. AS others have stated you can always change out the pickups at least your guitar will not snap in the middle of a gig... Eventually the neck is going to fail if you are using the guitar for more the just entertaining yourself That is all you need to happen in the middle of a gig

*)o(* Good Luck.. BEFORE YOU SETTLE get the pictures and look at the guitar as best you can

post-48729-030838400 1395051281_thumb.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

Whoa, hang on a minute. This guitar was sold as seen, with a discount, wasn't it. I think you've been incredibly lucky here. Return it and if you don't Like the replacement, sell it at a profit.

bottom line if you are gigging and the guitar is on the road send it back get the replacement Guitar Center has no reason to rip you off this was and still is just a FOBAR as they use to say SHIP the guitar back have them send you a set of 360 degree photo's then make the deal *)o(* I Love the P 90's I have a Traditional Pro with Tapped P90's and a 60's profile neck the neck is a little thinner and not quite and heavy feeling the guitar sounds great however.. AS others have stated you can always change out the pickups at least your guitar will not snap in the middle of a gig... Eventually the neck is going to fail if you are using the guitar for more the just entertaining yourself That is all you need to happen in the middle of a gig

*)o(* Good Luck.. BEFORE YOU SETTLE get the pictures and look at the guitar as best you can

Good point, i intend to keep this for a long time and this guitar makes you want to rock out and whack it hard. I'll ship it back and yes it was sold at discount, but they will give me a new one if they cant find a similar discounted model (without a cracked neck of course). Of course, this is a good deal and I'm greatful that they are willing to do this - I dont think I would get this type of service in Australia even at a shop down the road. As stated before you guys don't know how lucky you have it...your customer service is great!! The deal isn't complete yet but I think they are providing great support, especially for some random dude on the other side of the world.

An update:

the guitar is back in the US, no word from GC yet on what's next.

It is time to check on who signed for the guitar and date.. Contact the GUITAR CENTER and ask to speak to whomever is in charge of your return and just POLITELY ask when you can expect the return of your NEW EXCHANGED GUITAR.. hey this will work it's self out you have made it so far just now it is going to take time they need to find a replacemnt then do the paperwork check it out and ship it.. MAKE THE PHONE CALL SPEAK to the man that made the exchange deal with you and get a date when to except it *)O(*b

It is time to check on who signed for the guitar and date.. Contact the GUITAR CENTER and ask to speak to whomever is in charge of your return and just POLITELY ask when you can expect the return of your NEW EXCHANGED GUITAR.. hey this will work it's self out you have made it so far just now it is going to take time they need to find a replacemnt then do the paperwork check it out and ship it.. MAKE THE PHONE CALL SPEAK to the man that made the exchange deal with you and get a date when to except it *)O(*b

Good advice, this in a few days ago.

Hi Nick,

It was sitting in my office when I walked in this morning. Must have been delivered over the weekend. We’ll process the return and get the replacement ordered for you. It usually takes about 5-6 business days to receive a new one from out distribution center. As soon as it arrives it will be on its way. Let me know if you have any objections. If not, I’ll talk to you soon and send you a copy of the receipt and tracking number once it is generated.

Thanks and take care!

I just want to repeat what was stated earlier ASK the Manager to get you some 360 degree shots of the replacement guitar and perhaps ask him to let you know when he has it it would be worth you making a phone call for him to make an over the phone with you QC of the replacement he can describe any problems he sees in the finish ie quality nicks etc and in the guitar itself.. other then that Congratulations on this at least working out or looking as if it will work out well and after some major headaches at least you will end up with something that you can play without concern and enjoy for a lifetime.. IT does renew my faith in the Guitar Center and the power of this forum... MAY you rest easier and may the guitar you receive bring you a great deal of playing time *)O(* BRTOAD

I attached a shot of my 58 es140 3/4 scale.. she is one of my favorites for slide work

post-48729-092904300 1395834354_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to repeat what was stated earlier ASK the Manager to get you some 360 degree shots of the replacement guitar and perhaps ask him to let you know when he has it it would be worth you making a phone call for him to make an over the phone with you QC of the replacement he can describe any problems he sees in the finish ie quality nicks etc and in the guitar itself.. other then that Congratulations on this at least working out or looking as if it will work out well and after some major headaches at least you will end up with something that you can play without concern and enjoy for a lifetime.. IT does renew my faith in the Guitar Center and the power of this forum... MAY you rest easier and may the guitar you receive bring you a great deal of playing time *)O(* BRTOAD

I attached a shot of my 58 es140 3/4 scale.. she is one of my favorites for slide work

Thanks BRTOAD, and all who have contributed to this post.

Its been quite a journey, but yesterday the replacement Les Paul arrived - the guys at GC were true to their word and replaced it, not with a new one - but with a similar demo model, yes it has a few scratches and i'm still getting used to the tone (they're all just a bit different aren't they) but its all worked out. We worked out a deal to compensate me for the shipping costs, by sending back a few classic pedals, namely Fulltone GT 500 and E.Harmonix Small stone, which are awesome - although I think the former is responsible for frying my Vintage Boss Analogue Delay!! :-) my fault for behind too hasty switching the pedals around I suspect. I'm a little bit sad that the other guitar has gone, who knows where ?- hopefully someone will get some joy out of it, I certainly did.

I dont think i would have got the same result without your support guys, so power to YOU and power to the PEOPLE ! Rock on America !!!

By the way BR - nice guitar, one day I'll get me a hollow body like that.

Archived