Gibson Brands Forums

Whats going on with 2007/8 Standard Fadeds?!

Geetar_Axl

i have an 07 Std Faded Honeyburst. I have to admit that when I see some of the pics of other people's Fadeds, I get a little jealous. Mine doesn't have nearly the flame or the look of an older guitar as some of the others.

But my Faded has a character all of her own (very yellow with dark tiger stripes) and I love her just the same. But I do have a Classic in Honeyburst for when I'm feeling the need for the more traditional look.:P

I posted this on another thread already. I have a crappy camera and the lighting wasn't the best so I figured I'd share the pic from the shop I bought it at. It's before I added the PU covers and the pickguard which is why I didn't post it before, but it's way more representative of the color.

07 Faded Tobacco

CntrCity022.jpg?t=1203644644

n16807175_36864528_5829.jpg

Regardless of what Gibson calls the color it's always going to come down to personal preference.

They do look the same... or prety close. I remember some time ago in the old forum, when i posted my guitar´s pics, someone argued that she wasnt honey burst but tobbaco burst... i didnt know why, now reading this thread and looking at that picture I finally understand!

Well I really dislike Gibson now' date=' ****ing lazy quality control and now lazy colour? God, they are degrading fast like people say...Guess I fork out $300-$500 more for a Standard Vintage Sunburst...[/quote']

Gotta tell you man some people still really like these guitars. I don't know what your basis is for the quality control comment, but as far as the lazy color I love the way my guitar looks regardless of what the name of the color says it's supposed to look like. That's why I didn't just take GC or MF's word for it on what a tobacco/cherry/honey burst was and order through them I wanted to see the finish of the acutal guitar I was getting, and I couldn't be happier. Like I said before when your buying a guitar it's always going to come down to personal preference, it just may take a little more looking to find what you really want.

quality control issues? Im sure some of you have been to the factory in TN and seen just how much goes into making a les paul and how much is actually done by hand. I bought a LP supreme, my 1st gibson a few months ago and I'll be buying nothing but gibson for years to come. For the $$$ they arent giving them away but on the flip side a PRS for the same money IMO is half the guitar. After playing 17 years, the LP is the guitar that truely is THE guitar for me. Christ, just the SMELL of a new LP is worth a few hundred lol!!

Im just sayin, alotta of comments Ive read on other forums show Gibson are getting lazy. Alot of people are saying Studios have been really bad Since the early 2000's, well, and of the Gibsons cheaper then $2,000 (Australian) like the Melody Maker ect. . That when Gibson started to get a bit lazy, so Ive been told.

Archived