Gibson Brands Forums

HELP HELP HELP a found a Gibson in a thrift shop

skysurfer`

A found a Gibson in a thrift shop.

On the neck is wrote Zapp and JB

I can't understand which year and model is this guitar the case look original from late 60 70 the guitar is heavy and it seems a Gibson SG style

so interested in found out the truth and how much is worth it

A found a Gibson in a thrift shop.

On the neck is wrote Zapp and JB

I can't understand which year and model is this guitar the case look original from late 60 70 the guitar is heavy and it seems a Gibson SG style

so interested in found out the truth and how much is worth it

You should ask the people behind the counter for information about it, and the price.

Guitars are one of the most common items that thrift stores deal in. They will likely know it's value and price it close to the market value.

Typically i've found that thrift store prices on used guitars are higher than Guitar Center because they deal with much less volume.

But you can luck out occasionally on obscure or unusual guitars that thrift store owners are not knowledgeable on.

Well, it's not a Gibson

IIf you had just googled "Zapp guitar", you would have found the info you were looking for. It's a cheap Japanese copy, likely from the '70s or '80s. It might actually be a cool guitar but probably isn't worth much more than $100 to $150. If you post pics, we could tell you more.

In the future, as a general rule, Gibson guitars usually say Gibson on the headstock.

Probably not an SG ergo probably not a Gibson ergo probably not from the late '60s.

Might be a good guitar.

Best indicator of how much its worth- how much are they asking for it?

The case seems an original…. Gibson case?

Pics would help too [smile]

Archived