Gibson Brands Forums

cheers buc mcsanta

blindboygrunt

I don't normally use a pick at all, but when I do its usually a thick one - up to 2mm. I just can't hold on to them very long. The other day playing my J-200 I grabbed on of my son's paper-thin picks, and holy cow did it make that thing chime! love it! I will be watching here for your review, I'd never really appreciated the rather direct impact on sound until I used something way outside my natural orbit.

I don't normally use a pick at all, but when I do its usually a thick one - up to 2mm. I just can't hold on to them very long. The other day playing my J-200 I grabbed on of my son's paper-thin picks, and holy cow did it make that thing chime! love it! I will be watching here for your review, I'd never really appreciated the rather direct impact on sound until I used something way outside my natural orbit.

I have a couple of fat picks. Like you say , some songs they're great and others the .70's work fine. My favourite heavy one is the Gibson one so far. Looking forward to giving these things a bash when I get home from work .

I can easily see why bluegrass guys like them.

To me, picks have more of an impact on sound than string choice.

Archived