Gibson Brands Forums

I Have More Epiphones Than Any Other Guitar Brand

taxman

Love that blue 330 - Any chance for some more pics of that beauty?..

Sure. It is definitely a fine looker.

08a.jpg

I have three Rics. A 12 string, a six string, and the short John Lennon model. They cover all my bases.

I will tell you that these three guitars look like I have Donald Trump money, but it isn't so. Rickenbacker guitars may be on the high end side, but they are affordable. You have to shop at Ric dealers (Pick Of The Ricks) or just keep bargaining with the big name dealers.

61fix4_zpsf7b4846f.jpg

Sure. It is definitely a fine looker.

08a.jpg

I have three Rics. A 12 string, a six string, and the short John Lennon model. They cover all my bases.

I will tell you that these three guitars look like I have Donald Trump money, but it isn't so. Rickenbacker guitars may be on the high end side, but they are affordable. You have to shop at Ric dealers (Pick Of The Ricks) or just keep bargaining with the big name dealers.

61fix4_zpsf7b4846f.jpg

Man, those are GORGEOUS!! All three of them - thanks for posting these!

I love how you color-coordinated the blue 330 with the blue Vox amp, blue strap, blue coily cable, etc.

Those Gretsch Electromatic 12-Strings are dynamite! I had a chance to play one a year and a half ago at a Gretsch event, and loved the sound and feel. Peter Asher (of Peter and Gordon fame) performed, and his music director, Jeff Alan Ross, played one for several Beatles and Byrds tunes when a bunch of us jammed later, and Jeff's playing really did it justice. Oh, and the fingerboard is LOTS more comfortable than a Ric!

Those Gretsch Electromatic 12-Strings are dynamite! I had a chance to play one a year and a half ago at a Gretsch event, and loved the sound and feel. Peter Asher (of Peter and Gordon fame) performed, and his music director, Jeff Alan Ross, played one for several Beatles and Byrds tunes when a bunch of us jammed later, and Jeff's playing really did it justice. Oh, and the fingerboard is LOTS more comfortable than a Ric!

I can't wait to try one. I may have to postpone my 12-string Ric search while I try one of these out - if I can find one.. I know it won't sound exactly like a Ric, but I am definitely interested in checking one of these Gretsch 12's out..

Only problem (and I guess it's not really a problem - In fact, it might be kinda cool) is that I already have a Gretsch G5120 6-string in black.. Twins then??... [thumbup]

IMG_7655_zpsabd396e7.jpg

Archived