Gibson Brands Forums

SJ-200 Elite Custom

LastRide

Hi everyone, Hoping someone can help me out. I recently come across a 2012 Gibson SJ-200 Elite Custom with original case, paper work, Gibson strap. The only thing missing was the little booklet for the Fishman Aura Ellipse. I ended up buying it what I thought was a pretty good deal after doing some research. I couldn't find any used prices on these, but I know they were priced the same as a True Vintage from what I read, $5000. Gibson no longer makes this model. The guitar itself is very clean, pretty much like new. I did spot a small indentation/ding behind the headstock that can only be see at the right angle with some lighting.

At first I thought it come out of the factory like that as the dent looks sort of clean, with no paint broken around the edges. I now think something lightly taped it in that area. Other than that I couldn't find anything, no scratches or any other marks. I am not much of an acoustic guy. I did think about picking one up a few times. Anyone have an idea what the Elite Custom would be worth on the market ?. Here are a few pictures of it.

IMG_28502.jpg

IMG_28492.jpg

IMG_28552.jpg

IMG_28532.jpg

IMG_28702.jpg

IMG_28732.jpg

Hallo.

I have a J200 Custom Elite.

I bought it on e-bay in 2009 for $ 2900 and this was a luck.

Here it is my MR GIBS

S7302002.jpg

At the moment the top is darker. And I changed the L.R.Baggs M1

with K&K Triniti Mini system.

The sound? LastRide - this instrument ROCKS.

Man, that's quite a guitar for someone who's "not much of an acoustic guy." No criticism there, just surprise. I'm a sucker for bling and the Elite 200 always gets the GAS going. That's a gorgeous guitar you've got there. Gibson runs the Elite 200 off the production line from time to time. It's also been known as the J-200 Custom - here's an old listing at Guitar Center .for $4,749. Not sure what the price would be on a used one.

Congrats and enjoy. . B)

Hallo.

I have a J200 Custom Elite.

I bought it on e-bay in 2009 for $ 2900 and this was a luck.

Here it is my MR GIBS

S7302002.jpg

At the moment the top is darker. And I changed the L.R.Baggs M1

with K&K Triniti Mini system.

The sound? LastRide - this instrument ROCKS.

That is a nice guitar you have, and thanks for the info.

Man, that's quite a guitar for someone who's "not much of an acoustic guy." No criticism there, just surprise. I'm a sucker for bling and the Elite 200 always gets the GAS going. That's a gorgeous guitar you've got there. Gibson runs the Elite 200 off the production line from time to time. It's also been known as the J-200 Custom - here's an old listing at Guitar Center .for $4,749. Not sure what the price would be on a used one.

Congrats and enjoy. . B)

It is quite the guitar for a non-acoustic player..lol. I like the bling myself. I don't think it is over done on the Elite Custom like some of the other's I have seen. I think 2012 was the last time Gibson made the Elite Custom. May 2012 is when they stopped using Ebony. They might be still using it in Custom Shop guitars such as Historic models. The fretboard and bridge is Ebony on this. I also read it uses Abalone instead of pearl. Upgraded wood grades, back painted headstock. Sort of a fancier version of the SJ-300.

Anyways, I found an ebay listing from January 2014 and that guitar sold for $3650. You can see it here. J-200 Custom Elite

I have an older J-200 Elite, from '04. I ordered it through Fuller's as a Custom Shop instrument. Ren picked the top wood (red spruce) and the back and sides wood (flamey koa), and I specified a mahogany-walnut-mahogany neck on it, with a triburst finish.

IMGP0716rt_zpsb384cd1d.jpg

IMGP0724rt_zps275df987.jpg

It's got a lush full rich sound.

Fred

I have an older J-200 Elite, from '04. I ordered it through Fuller's as a Custom Shop instrument. Ren picked the top wood (red spruce) and the back and sides wood (flamey koa), and I specified a mahogany-walnut-mahogany neck on it, with a triburst finish.

IMGP0716rt_zpsb384cd1d.jpg

IMGP0724rt_zps275df987.jpg

It's got a lush full rich sound.

Fred

Killer looking J200.. The Color , wood , just sets that J200 off just right.. Very Nice...

Archived