Gibson Brands Forums

Paul Mcartney

crust

Crust - Thanks for posting this. It so happens that I took delivery, just yesterday (pun noted), of a '64 McCartney Elitist Texan made in 2005 by Terada in Japan. A superbly built guitar with nitro finish - one of 1,964 made.

It was a real treat to once again see Paul playing the original.

Crust - Thanks for posting this. It so happens that I took delivery, just yesterday (pun noted), of a '64 McCartney Elitist Texan made in 2005 by Terada in Japan. A superbly built guitar with nitro finish - one of 1,964 made.

It was a real treat to once again see Paul playing the original.

You know the routine...pics..... Sounds like a fine guitar...if you can post some pics...Limited edition is limited. rolleyes.gifmsp_smile.gifmsp_laugh.gifeusa_shifty.gif

Sorry Crust, I've never posted a pic on the forum. Too old & lazy to learn I guess. If you PM me your email, I'd be happy to send some photos as soon as I take a few pics for insurance purposes. This Terada version came out at the same time as the two very limited Bozeman versions produced in '05. The Epi-wiki has quite a bit of information on these, and this example does a great job of nailing the feel & tone of a mid '60s Gibson-made Epiphone acoustic. If anyone ever has the opportunity to sample one, defintely do so! This is my third Terada made Epiphone, and they are consistently a joy to play.

Sorry Crust, I've never posted a pic on the forum. Too old & lazy to learn I guess. If you PM me your email, I'd be happy to send some photos as soon as I take a few pics for insurance purposes. This Terada version came out at the same time as the two very limited Bozeman versions produced in '05. The Epi-wiki has quite a bit of information on these, and this example does a great job of nailing the feel & tone of a mid '60s Gibson-made Epiphone acoustic. If anyone ever has the opportunity to sample one, defintely do so! This is my third Terada made Epiphone, and they are consistently a joy to play.

By far the easiest host to use to post pics is imgur. You just upload it and it gives you a link to copy and use. No need for an account, etc.

Many thanks to Crust for posting the pics!

I added in a recently acquired J-15 along with the Texan.

Another round shoulder, this time the back and sides are

walnut, and the neck is maple with a walnut center strip,

(this is the only "Custom Shop" J-15 I have come across,

but to date I haven't figured out what might be different).

FYI - the Texan has a 25.5" scale, while the J-15 is 24.75".

And apologies for acoustic content in the electrics section!

Archived