Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus

Skyline_UK

I just got one myself this afternoon. She is literally flawless! Mine is the Fade Cherry finish.

As with my Wildkat (Antique Natural), Sheraton II (Natural), I found that no pictures could truly do her justice.

...photos still to come for those who care...

Please post pictures, I do really care, even if they never will translate the real thing [love]

I just got one myself this afternoon. She is literally flawless! Mine is the Fade Cherry finish.

As with my Wildkat (Antique Natural), Sheraton II (Natural), I found that no pictures could truly do her justice. The Faded Cherry often looks very crass and overly bright from online picture (both home candid shots, as well as retailer websites. Yet in person, the finish on my is stunning.

Now, with regards to this finish on the top of mine, some may consider it to be a "flaw", but the AAA flame top finish is not as pronounced on mine as it is on ALL the others I've seen. Others may have chosen to send theirs back in favor of the more pronounced "tiger stripped" AAA flame look, but I really appreciate the more subtle look of mine. The second I opened the case, I immediately thought, "Jimmy Page!". It just has a more dignified, classic Les Paul look to it.

Since it's just been a few hours since receiving her, I've yet to restring her with my preferred stings (Fender Silver Bullets, but even with the crappy stock strings, she sings. The neck is one of the best fitting in my hand, slightly different to the Sheraton II, yet similar in comfort.

I was going to wait until the end of the year to make this purchase, but I'm not all that sure many will be around (new) by then. I would suggest to anyone with even a slight bit of GAS for this one, act soon, my friends! This one is a total keeper!

...photos still to come for those who care...

Oops, my bad...

Okay, visited GuitarGuitar store in Birmingham UK yesterday and tried one. The colour Midnight Sapphire was actually purple!!! Odd. Not the colour I'd seen on internet/forum photos. I'm going to pass on this one and wait for the Joe Bonamassa Pelham Blue due out in a couple of months.

The blue has changed somewhere in the run.

There are 2 at my Sam Ash now in the "blue" one is more a blue burst, the other is as you describe more purple in color and even has finish flaw purple dots under the top coat, kind of like a poka-dot finish to it.

Pointed it out to the guys there they said yeah does not look good but left it on the wall anyway.

Congrats on your great catch, wherever she may be from [scared][flapper][biggrin]

HNGD! [thumbup]

For comparison, here's mine, with a more "insane" flame, unlikely on carved tops:

T60_B_top_zps87a5bddd.jpg

Yours is very nice, as well. I expected mine to have the same, more pronounced AA flame top on it, like yours shows. I'm not disappointed, but still wondering what the deal is. You think it's because mine is a carved top, you say? [confused]

Still not able to get a more accurate picture of any of my guitars. They all come out very bright and garish in pix. Thank God I'm better at playing them than taking pix of them.

Yet, one more go at it with the whole family...

100_0652.jpg

Yours is very nice, as well. I expected mine to have the same, more pronounced AA flame top on it, like yours shows. I'm not disappointed, but still wondering what the deal is. You think it's because mine is a carved top, you say? [confused]

These guitars do have a carved maple cap but they are topped with AAA maple veneers. Since these are cut and bent, not carved, they look more even than massive carved tops, including those of my own Gibsons.

To my experience, the look of figured tops may depend on the environmental conditions. There are flamed tops in my arsenal which change from looking plain to showing hell fires, depending on the actual lighting and viewing angles.

Still not able to get a more accurate picture of any of my guitars. They all come out very bright and garish in pix. Thank God I'm better at playing them than taking pix of them.

Yet, one more go at it with the whole family...

100_0652.jpg

Looks like you have it quite covered instrument wise! ;~)

Archived