Gibson Brands Forums

Can you ID this pickup?

lazarusvt84

My son was given this guitar today by an elderly friend belonging to her late husband. It's clearly homemade and of crude/primitive construction. I'm curious about the pickups...which work and seem to be of the transducer variety.

The top of the pup is a piece of thin plastic. The bottom is simply a solid piece of wood. In between is a thin white plate (bound by black) with a wire that goes to the pots. No coils. The two screws simply go through the pup and into the block of wood attached to the body.

O8kxtq7.jpg

oMjqiYM.jpg

I know it's not much info...and I can take apart further if none of you folk can identify it by what I've shown.

Thanks.

Sorry cant help with the pickups,looks like an interesting ole 60's hollowbody.Is it playable,how does it sound and hey free and playable is a good thing.

the thing is so hideous looking that I think my son's reluctant to waste 4 bucks on a new set of strings. it will probably end up with the other non-functioning guitar (old Kay from the 70's) that decorates a high shelf in the sunroom.

Archived