Gibson Brands Forums

Doug MacLeod on CF100E

retrorod

I will preface my post by saying that I just got back from seeing Doug MacLeod in a small venue show. What a consummate Bluesman/entertainer in an acoustic solo style. Look him up and if you EVER get the chance to see him....you will not regret it [thumbup]...."Mesmerizing" and "inspiring" is a good description of his performance.

I understand that he tours Europe quite often as well!

At any rate, I went on youtube to pull up more performance videos of a song that he wrote and performed called "Brand New Eyes"....Lo and Behold....a performance on a Gibson CF100E at a festival in Kentucky. He makes it "ring and sing"...!!

The crazy thing is that I have only seen him play National Resophonic instruments. He is an endorser and endorsee of National apparently. He played this song tonite on a National. I was really impressed with this rendition on the Gibson. What a treasure of a modern-day Bluesman (in the old tradition) that this guy is!!!

Glad you enjoyed it Anne. His musical style sure hits home with me! I wish I had that talent and personna.....But I keep doing what I do and hope for the best....Ha!

I have a '57 CF100E, that is very special to me. Somehow it does not sound as good when I play it, as his though.... [confused]

Thanks for the heads up.......................he'll be close enough on August 22 nd for me to drive out and see him! Can't wait.[thumbup]

Don',t miss it! What a GREAT master of the ART. You will leave the show with 'memories'....I guarantee it!....

Archived