Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sighting!

Scott Marlowe

This young girl reall knows how to make this epi sing:

Yes, but - simple fingering that many a new student can learn. Without the effects and sustain? Don't get me wrong now, I say good for her to get to that point, and I hope she continues in her studies. I just wish new students were taught how to get good sound out of their instruments through a clean amp. Almost every time I go into GC there are those younger guys that are playing with ultra amounts of distortion. Turn it off, then what would they sound like. Sorry, not trying to put them down, as that is what they enjoy. I have no problem with that, but I really wish new guitar players would learn the instrument first without blaring out so much effects that almost any new player can emulate. JMHO that's all.

Another thing, and I am picky on this. Why is it when some individuals restring their guitars they have to leave yards and yards of string hanging or curled up at the head?

No guys, nobody peed in my Cheerios this morning. Everything's cool. msp_biggrin.gif

Nice Epi though msp_thumbup.gif

Yes, but - simple fingering that many a new student can learn. Without the effects and sustain? Don't get me wrong now, I say good for her to get to that point, and I hope she continues in her studies. I just wish new students were taught how to get good sound out of their instruments through a clean amp. Almost every time I go into GC there are those younger guys that are playing with ultra amounts of distortion. Turn it off, then what would they sound like. Sorry, not trying to put them down, as that is what they enjoy. I have no problem with that, but I really wish new guitar players would learn the instrument first without blaring out so much effects that almost any new player can emulate. JMHO that's all.

Another thing, and I am picky on this. Why is it when some individuals restring their guitars they have to leave yards and yards of string hanging or curled up at the head?

No guys, nobody peed in my Cheerios this morning. Everything's cool. msp_biggrin.gif

Nice Epi though msp_thumbup.gif

It's traditional in some parts of the world. :)

Archived