Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Apps

daveinspain

Just a heads up incase you haven't heard about it… Guitar ToolKit, available at Apple Store, is a tremendous tool/help for any guitarist at any level… Find chords fast, see what notes they are and how to finger them, tuner, metronome, scales…etc, I use it daily and it's free…

Anyone else using useful guitar apps?

The only ap I use - Android - is Martin's tuner.

It's available for Apple or Android. Free.

"This free app from C.F. Martin & Co. offers interactive tools for guitar players of every skill. A fully chromatic tuner and ear trainer help you dial in your guitar whether you’re a beginner or a pro. Use our Pro-Tips to learn everything from properly stringing your guitar to using a capo! Build your dream guitar with our “Build A Custom” feature."

I don't mind the stuff I don't use or the "advertising," and it works quite well as a tuner I always have with me. Perfect for tuning, not really, but it's super for my purposes.

As for stuff to record or whatever, it's my my desktop.

m

I don't use them much but I have tried a few apps. Some decent ones for getting a passable guitar sound just for jamming are: AmpliTube, AmpKit, and PocketAmp. Anything that gives you control over the parameters is good because the presents are often too noisy and over the top for me personally. Also the models in GarageBand are quite good. I don't use it to multi-track on the mobile devices, but I do that a lot to record guitars on band demos and collabs with others.

Archived