Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Elitist "1966" Custom Riviera Outfit

Jeffery Smith

I didn't say announcing a course. I said announcing a new program. A new program requires approval all the way up to the Board of Regents level. You can do all of the preparatory work leading up to it, but if the Board of Regents won't fund it, it is dead in the water. Think of it as a 3-year investment of time and energy that may be ultimately rejected in the state capitol.

sorry, didn't mean to mis-quote you. still not the same.

"synch their announcements a little better"? They continue to state on their website that it is available at hundreds of locations in the United States when it isn't available in ANY of them. It is and has always been vaporware for any country outside of Japan. It would be "a little bit better" for them to pull their website page and Facebook posts stating that it is available outside of Japan when it isn't, never has been, and never will be as far as anyone knows.

"synch their announcements a little better"? They continue to state on their website that it is available at hundreds of locations in the United States when it isn't available in ANY of them. It is and has always been vaporware for any country outside of Japan. It would be "a little bit better" for them to pull their website page and Facebook posts stating that it is available outside of Japan when it isn't, never has been, and never will be as far as anyone knows.

you're right...no one knows. "Exclusive - Available at Selected Retailers" is vague but it doesn't translate to "hundreds of locations in the United States". why should they pull product from their product page just because it's not immediately available for you to purchase?

True to varying degrees I'm sure, but in the case of this new Elitist Riviera (and possibly the new Elitist Texan as well), the instrument has been included on the USA website while dealers are saying it will not be available for purchase.

I believe Gibson/Epiphone can do better than that.

this is the world wide web not the USA web, the Tak signature models only available in Japan have been listed on this site for years with "only available in Japan" which would lead me to believe if these Elitists were only available in Japan, it would say so.

this is the world wide web not the USA web, the Tak signature models only available in Japan have been listed on this site for years with "only available in Japan" which would lead me to believe if these Elitists were only available in Japan, it would say so.

On a lighter note, the Epiphone web site lists "BestBuy"stores in New York as some of the select dealers stocking the Elitist Riviera.

On a lighter note, the Epiphone web site lists "BestBuy"stores in New York as some of the select dealers stocking the Elitist Riviera.

At one point many best buys had full fledged music stores inside of them. Up until about 2 years ago my local best Buy carried Gibson Standards, American Fenders, Marshall amps, Fender tube amps, keyboards and all sorts of pedals and accessories. The section was about the size of a small GC

Then there is a disconnect somewhere if dealers are saying it is not available.

At one point many best buys had full fledged music stores inside of them. Up until about 2 years ago my local best Buy carried Gibson Standards, American Fenders, Marshall amps, Fender tube amps, keyboards and all sorts of pedals and accessories. The section was about the size of a small GC

They used to be more realistic and accurate with their web site products. I recall that when the first word of the demise of the AlleyKat made the rounds, the web site had immediately placed it in the gallery of former models. The same thing happened when most of the Elitists were discontinued.

Archived