Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD

ArgonautIOI

Fretboard is a dry and needs to have the frets polished a little more

ArGo [thumbup]

[biggrin] Would have loved that of my Epi Tribute LP to be dry from the factory. They had dyed it dark brown which rubbed onto strings and my fingers as well. <_< I removed it using Ballistol gun oil - no guns here, just the oil ;) - which revealed a very dark brown rosewood without any need of further darkening. I will never get why they did that. [-(

In my early years I treated fretboards with linseed stand oil. This sealed them what I intended then, but there's no way back. I touched none of my more recent guitars with anything but my fingers and soft cloths. Works fine for me so far.

By the way, I buffed the fret crowns of my Epi using - plain printer paper! Milod once had recommended me this for final fingernail polish, and I thought it could work for fret wire, too - it did! [biggrin][thumbup]

[biggrin] Would have loved that of my Epi Tribute LP to be dry from the factory. They had dyed it dark brown which rubbed onto strings and my fingers as well. <_< I removed it using Ballistol gun oil - no guns here, just the oil ;) - which revealed a very dark brown rosewood without any need of further darkening. I will never get why they did that. [-(

In my early years I treated fretboards with linseed stand oil. This sealed them what I intended then, but there's no way back. I touched none of my more recent guitars with anything but my fingers and soft cloths. Works fine for me so far.

By the way, I buffed the fret crowns of my Epi using - plain printer paper! Milod once had recommended me this for final fingernail polish, and I thought it could work for fret wire, too - it did! [biggrin][thumbup]

I will take that advice, So far I love this LP, its smooth playing and just has great clarity and crunch!

ArGo [thumbup]

Archived