Gibson Brands Forums

Thank you Gibson/Epiphone (and Sweetwater)

crust

[biggrin] Such "picking-off marks" are on my Epi 1960 Tribute Les Paul as well, so I know what you mean.

Nitro would allow for subsequent rework without leaving any trace due to its virtually unlimited touch-up ability.

See, I guess I'm not the only one who notices these things...lolmsp_biggrin.gifmellow.gifdry.gifmsp_laugh.gif

One of my Wildkat's has a crack in the finish, about a half inch long, emanating from the corner cut vertex of the nut slot, on to the neck. I checked it out with the strings off with a magnifying glass, pushed on the head stock to see if the crack opened any, it didn't thank goodness, just to make sure it wasn't into the wood, it isn't and I can live with it. Hey, I forgot about that one...it does have a natural finish. The white Wildkat Royale is also a perfect instrument, I couldn't fine one thing to complain about on that one...lol

1) " fly spec" and "witness marks" from removal of a small particle or foreign object on the polyethylene surface.

2) paint and glue "runs" on inner surfaces of the guitar body.

3) small, "superficial" cracks in finish

4) small "dimple imperfections" on finish

5) chips on neck near fret "nibs", improper fret installation causing slight damage to the neck at the fret "nibs".

That's what I've seen or "heard about" on new Epiphone instrument's, care to add any ? (do not include shipping damage)dry.gifmsp_unsure.gifmsp_mellow.gif

edited

1) " fly spec" and "witness marks" from removal of a small particle or foreign object on the polyethylene surface.

2) paint and glue "runs" on inner surfaces of the guitar body.

3) small, "superficial" cracks in finish

That's what I've seen on new Epiphone instrument's, care to add any ? (do not include shipping damage)dry.gifmsp_unsure.gifmsp_mellow.gif

My Caballero has a couple dimples in the finish. Worse than that, it has 2 chips on the neck where it looks like someone whacked it too hard with a fret hammer trying to fix the fret ends the "easy" way. This is on a brand new guitar! It really doesn't bother me since I bought the ($249) guitar to beat on. Glad to hear you got a perfect one!

Nice one, hard to beat a natural with good grain to show, enjoy and HNGD.

The greco is a pretty funky thing too, looks like fun.

That thing has the lowest action, without buzzing, of any of the myriad guitars I have here. Old, but a real sweet player. Like me...lolmsp_blink.gifmsp_lol.gif

Archived