Gibson Brands Forums

Just Wow

cousingrandpa

Ah, come on now. It ain't his fault.

He took pictures of the headstock, neck bolt cover and explained what the buyer was looking at. I would've know better than to bid more than $75 for the thing, but some people don't. That's not his fault.

He's just trying to sell a guitar, totally different than the person who buys Baldwins, halfway re-does the neck joint, ads a Gibson headstock cover, and sells a $100 guitar for $1000.

They're the crooks.

Ignorance is bliss......

.....until they eventually find out of course.

If anybody is at fault, it's Gibson allowing the Gibson name to go on it. That's misleading.

If anybody is at fault' date=' it's Gibson allowing the Gibson name to go on it. That's misleading.[/quote']

I'm sorry but i'm going to have to say regardless of Gibson putting thier name on a plate on the back of the guitar, its still the person buying it's fault. You should do some real research before you buy a guitar, try to find one in a location near you like Sam Ash or Guitar Center to play first, to see if you like how it feels in your hands and how it plays. If the person bid 500 bucks on it just cause they saw 'Gibson' in the title and assumed it was a real SG then yes they deserve to be ripped off. It may be an underhanded tactic of the seller, offering some slightly misleading information, but you should expect that already when buying from ebay and taken even more precautions before paying that kind of money.

Yeah, he's kind of a jerk, but hey you gotta make money somehow. I know I'd be pretty psyched to have made that much. Although, I do have a conscience, and that doesn't help.

But hey, who needs to sleep at night when you're rolling in the dough.

Archived