Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson EDS-1275

PelhamBlueFire

Hello,

So, I really want to get my hands on a Gibson EDS-1275 guitar. I think it's a great guitar, and I would really like to purchase one in the near future. I'm from the Netherlands, and I have only owned standard SGs and Les Pauls before this, so I have never been in touch with the Gibson Custom Shop before. This leads me to ask you guys a couple of questions, because I need some help.

First of all, how should I go about ordering a guitar like this? There's an authorized dealer that I know. Do they place the order? And are there any issues, because I'm not in the States?

What are the options on this guitar as far as customizing goes? What colors do they allow you to choose from, etc?

Lastly, how long will it normally take for the guitar to arrive at your doorstep?

Thanks for the help, guys.

Hi

I also live in Europe,

according to my limited experience, it's useless to place an order in your "authorized dealer" they have no weight in the Gibson commercial system,

usually they receive once or twice a year small batches and they even do not know in advance what models are coming and when!!!

It will take months before you get news and you will never be sure your order has been correctly receved by Gibson

because there is no official acknoledgment, so no lead time given............etc

My advice is : gather the money, watch the on line stores on the internet, there are many in Euroe ......Music Store, Thomman are the most known

and grab the guitars as soon as they appeared in their stock.

Thats the way it works !!!!

Good hunt

Hello,

So, I really want to get my hands on a Gibson EDS-1275 guitar. I think it's a great guitar, and I would really like to purchase one in the near future. I'm from the Netherlands, and I have only owned standard SGs and Les Pauls before this, so I have never been in touch with the Gibson Custom Shop before. This leads me to ask you guys a couple of questions, because I need some help.

First of all, how should I go about ordering a guitar like this? There's an authorized dealer that I know. Do they place the order? And are there any issues, because I'm not in the States?

What are the options on this guitar as far as customizing goes? What colors do they allow you to choose from, etc?

Lastly, how long will it normally take for the guitar to arrive at your doorstep?

Unless I'm wrong Gibson stopped making them sometime ago. Epiphone had a limited reissue for a little while ago. I'd say try ebay, there you should be able to find one.

Heya,check Reverb.com I just saw some on there. -Mr. Gibson

How much risk goes into buying one from a website like that? I trust sites like Thomann of the Music Store quite a bit, but I also came across a couple of websites that sell second hand EDS-1275s for like 2000 euros. That seems a bit dangerous. For that price, I tend to believe I'm being scammed somehow. And you never know for sure who you're dealing with.

Example: http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muziekinstrumenten/elektrische-gitaar/gibson-eds-1275-custom-shop-202827039.html

How much risk goes into buying one from a website like that? I trust sites like Thomann of the Music Store quite a bit, but I also came across a couple of websites that sell second hand EDS-1275s for like 2000 euros. That seems a bit dangerous. For that price, I tend to believe I'm being scammed somehow. And you never know for sure who you're dealing with.

Example: http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muziekinstrumenten/elektrische-gitaar/gibson-eds-1275-custom-shop-202827039.html

Guys? I am really on the verge of buying this, but I really don't want to get into any sort of trouble. Therefore if anyone can share some of their experiences with websites like these, people reply.

Guys? I am really on the verge of buying this, but I really don't want to get into any sort of trouble. Therefore if anyone can share some of their experiences with websites like these, people reply.

If you can view and play the instrument before committing, then all good, you can make an informed decision. I often message asking to arrange a viewing, if the seller isn't happy to do this then walk away.

Personally I'd go for this, currently in stock:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_eds_1275_aw.htm

except for the fact that I already own a 1970s one :-)

thomann have really good customer care and returns policy if there are any issues

If you can view and play the instrument before committing, then all good, you can make an informed decision. I often message asking to arrange a viewing, if the seller isn't happy to do this then walk away.

Personally I'd go for this, currently in stock:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_eds_1275_aw.htm

except for the fact that I already own a 1970s one :-)

thomann have really good customer care and returns policy if there are any issues

Thanks for your reply, mate. Do you have a picture of your 1970s guitar? The only thing I'm missing on the Thomann website, is in which year this guitar was produced.

Given that you own the guitar, what are the best things about the instrument and what do I need to keep in mind?

Hello,

Good luck

Archived